Chapter thirty five

*DANS POV*

I watched Kimberly walk down the aisle with uncle Billy. Kim looks really happy and uncle Billy looks like he was gonna cry any minute now. I imagined me waiting for Lea down the aisle on our wedding day and how beautiful she'd look. I felt Lea tense beside me when Kim and Ben said their vows.

"That'll be us soon" I regretted those words as soon as they escaped my lips.

Lea raised one of her eyebrows and smiled.

What the fuck Dan. Why would you ever fucking say that.

I cleared my throat. "I mean, if you agree to."

Oh you idiot.

The ceremony just ended. And we were all in the dining hall. The father daughter dance was going on and Kimberly for once looked so feminine and graceful. Behind them was Ben. The Ben that was once so dear to Lea.

He starts to walk up to me. Oh fuck.
I hate him so much for hurting Lea but then again I have to thank him for doing that or I'll never have met her. Okay calm down Dan, look cool.

"Hey" he waved as he was making his way.

"Oh. Hi again"

"Where's Lea?" Asked Ben.

"She went to freshen up. Why?" I tensed a bit.

"Just didn't see her around. I thought she left"

"Doesn't really matter if she left. It's your big day!"

I patted his back.

"Haha. No need to get defensive"
there was a pause.

"Ohh. She told you about me, didn't she?" He said.

"Ahh. Yeah" I scratched my head.

"She told you everything?"

"The important parts I guess" I replied.

"Oh"

We stood there in awkward silence.

"She must really like you" he added.

"I don't know about that" I chuckled.
"But I really do love her. She is the greatest thing that ever happened in my life and I don't know what I would do without her. I'm happy that you have found someone like that too"

I have said too much.

"Yes,so am I" he looked at the direction where Kimberly was dancing and smiled to himself.

"Lea's a great girl. So, please don't be stupid and break her heart like what I did. Make sure that you'll cherish her. If she ever comes crying, that pretty face of yours will turn into a piece of shit." He warned.

Lea walked out of the bathroom door and I turn to Ben.

"Don't worry, I'll never do what you did to Lea and I hope that you won't do the same to Kim. I'll leave you for my girl now. Oh and congratulations, cousin in law"

I walk to Lea and extended my arm.

"Just one dance, please?" I asked.

"Fine" she said with a sigh.

And we danced.

"I saw you talking to Ben awhile ago" said Lea.

"Oh. Yeah just some guy stuff"

She laughed

"That's nice"