21: Big day

Aoi smiled before releasing them. "Thank you so much." She said to the two most important people in her life.

Jungkook was like the sun. It shows up every single day, but it's unpredictable and unique every single time. Never boring. A brilliant light hugs the earth as the sun stretches out with golden arms. Like a perfect sunset that you can't stop looking at with awe, even if you've seen it a thousand times-right until you're sucked in by the first shades of dusk.

And as she stands there, aching for more, yearning for the sun to rise again at dawn, the moon shines above, and it reminds her of him. Every single time. Taehyung.

The boy who has always been for her in every step of her life. The moon had been observing the earth close-up longer than anyone, even the sun. It must have witnessed all of the phenomena occurring - and all of the acts carried out - on this earth. But the moon remained silent; it told no stories. All it did was embrace the heavy past with a cool, measured detachment. On the moon, there was neither air nor wind. Its vacuum was perfect for preserving memories unscathed. No one could unlock the heart of the moon.

Her sun and her moon.

But Jimin was her stars. Reliable, familiar, structured. Unfailing. Bright and comforting.

"She was telling me about some pictures," Jungkook said in Aoi's stead. And she thanked him for it.

She was so in her head that she hadn't had the chance to snap out of her train of thought. To listen to the conversation.

"Oh, of course," Taehyung replied. "Sir, could you please take a few shots of us?"

"Sure thing." The bell boy grabbed the camera, and Taehyung pulled her closer to him while Jungkook folded his arm fir her to link hers. She smiled before sliding her arms and did the same with Taehyung.

"Thank you for always being with me." she said to both of them when the camera shuttered.

--------------

Jimin was keeping an eye on the guests while walking around. Yoongi was in the Security control room.

Hundreds of exquisite class people were talking, some were dancing, some were clinking their expensive champagne glasses and some were busy oogling the people with lusty eyes.

Jimin was dressed classy as well. A white tuxedo jacket, with black trim details, and black pants to stand out. The Paisley printed piece had a subtle pattern which enhanced more as he moved along the crowds.

Some women were drinking their alcohol while passing seductive looks at Jimin but he was least bothered about them right now. His eyes were searching for one particular person.

"Where are you, Yoongi?" Jimin asks through the earpiece. "Are you missing me?"

Jimin rolls his eyes and looks around. "Are you keeping a watch on the monitors? Can you spot her or any one of them?"

"Not yet. Are you sure they will be here?" Yoongi asks. Jimin walks over to the snacks corner and tries to lift up a non-alcoholic drink in his hand.

A girl bites her lips while passing a seductive look at Jimin but he is more focused on finding someone else. "Jimin, that hoe has been eyeing you since the beginning. Eww." Yoongi says while watching the monitor.

Jimin frowns and turns to look at a girl winking at her. He forces a smile and drinks the drink. "Why are you drinking on duty?"

"It's not alcohol. Shut up!" Jimin replies and keeps the drink on the table. He walked for another two hours. "I think we got a false information. They aren't coming tonight."

Jimin sighs and sits on the couch while looking around. "I don't know. The guests are starting to leave-"

Jimin instantly stands up when he sees Aoi approaching him by herself. He looks at her beautiful stance and blinks his eyes while looking at her.

She smiles and touches his face, tipping her eyes up to his. It takes him a beat to swallow down the jumble of emotion rising through him, to tuck the shrapnel of his thoughts away and accept this new reality.

Jimin is trying to make a list, a plan, a plotline that takes them from A to B, but it's only this one bullet point this cliffhanger of a chapter. "Tonight," she says and continues,

"Can I just have you, Jimin? Even if it can't last. Even if we already know how it ends."