27: Fight

Jimin smiled and chuckled. "I will die without you. I like learning more about you."

It was true. The more he found out, the more fascinated he was. He felt like he could have sat there with her for hours, confessing his deepest fears and transgressions to her, discovering hers in return. It had been years since he had let himself open up to someone like this. It was exhilarating

Maybe he just needed a therapist, he thought ruefully. Though it seemed like it might be some kind of ethical violation for a therapist to trigger exactly the same combination of vulnerability and arousal in him that Aoi did.

"I'm not complaining."

"Yes you do," he says. "You like to think of people as mysterious, but I'm really not a mysterious person."

She considers this while he takes a turn following the bikes which are still moving in front of his.

"I guess everyone is a mystery in a way," she said. "You can never really know another person, and so on."

"Yeah. Do you actually think that, though?"

"It's what people say."

"What do I not know about you?" he asked.

Aoi smiled and lifted her shoulders in a shrug while he added. "People are a lot more knowable than they think they are."

Jimin frowned when he saw Taehyung and Jungkook trying to fight with Wooshik.

It was outside the city and it was dark. It was the end of a cliff and they spotted the two bikes crashed to each other on the road.

Jimin stopped the bike and Aoi took out the knife from her pocket before walking towards Wooshik when Jimin held her wrist.

"Leave me, Jimin," Aoi instructed, standing beside him. "No," Jimin whispered. "I need you."

"Stay then, but let me go!" Aoi said at once. He touched her hair. He caught her face gently in his hands, wound his fingers in her locks. "Don't leave me. No matter what happens, don't leave me."

Fresh tears rose to her eyes; she could not dislodge the sudden, bone-shaking fear that she would lose him.

She locked eyes with him and said softly, "I'll never leave you. You are my stars and my life."

He kissed each of her palms and then the salty corners of her mouth. He turned her face up to receive him, like a flower desperate for the sun. "Sugar," he whispered, "I'll let you go only for now."

Aoi smiled before turning back and running towards Wooshik who had tackled Taehyung and Jungkook on the ground.

Aoi kicked Wooshik's stomach and he stumbled back. She raised her leg again to kick him but he caught her leg and pulled her body closer before punching her face, she fell to the ground.

Jimin came to him and punched him in the stomach when we were wrestling. He kicked Wooshik in the chest when he was picking his body up from the ground and knocked the wind out of him. Jimin pushed him, and he turned back on him and swung blind, trying to smash his face in, kicking at his legs, elbowing him, beating with his whole body.

Jungkook grabs Wooshik under his armpits, picks him up off Jimin, but he turns around. He holds Jungkook by his arms and throws. Jungkook flies backward. His toes land first, skimming the road, then his heels thud, but he is moving too fast to stop and he hits the ground with his butt. He tries to catch himself with his stinging hands and then they sting more. He's scraped the skin off.

Wooshik smirks when a slap lands on his face. Taehyung is slapping him, over and over, his hands a flurry, a black blur. His face is hot and stinging like boiling water. Wooshik blocks what he can with his elbows and forearms, but still Taehyung snakes through. He slapped so hard that his hands hurt.

The skin on Wooshik's throat is red, lips bleeding, cuts all over, his scars white. Wooshik hits his Adam’s apple with the V edge where his thumb and pointer finger cross.

Taehyung chokes and falls back. "Hey, weak man! Come here!" Aoi said holding her bleeding forehead while the other three groaned in pain on the ground.

Wooshik's face darkened. He seemed to swell up. He exploded at her. Just launched himself forward with his right arm scything around in a giant roundhouse strike. She sidestepped his body and ducked under his arm and bounced up again and spun around.

He stopped short on stiff legs and whipped back toward her. They had changed places. Now she was closer to the roadside than he was close to the cliff. He panicked and came at her again. Same move. His right arm swung. She sidestepped and ducked and we were back where we started. But he was breathing a little heavier than she was.

She rakes her fingernails across his face, leaves pink scratches that turn red, and fill with blood. Wooshik holds his face and glares at Aoi.

"Stupid bitch! What is wrong with you?"