Chapter 19: Pomefiore Altercation

After school, Ace and Deuce head off to the Pomefiore Dorm to meet with Vil and Rook, and because of the additional message. Briar tag along with them. They go through the Pomefiore Dorm mirror and reach the front of the dorm.

"I guess there's going to be more dancing and singing training for the selected ensemble members

"Well, yeah," Ace replies.

Grim is still frustrated, "Grrr... I'm still sour that I lost to you two."

"Don't worry Grim, there's always next year," Briar says.

"But I wanted to do it now," Grim whines.

Just then, Kalim and Jamil walk over.

Kalim happily calls out, "Hey, guys!

"Oh, hey. It's Kalim and Jamil," Grim says.

"Hi Kalim," Sereia says.

"Hey Jamil," Jasper says.

Then Grim asks, "What are you guys doin' here?"

"We passed the audition screening," Jamil answers, "Did you pass as well?"

"We sure did!" Ace says.

"So you performed well at audition! That's great!" Kalim happily says.

Grim is still bitter about it, "They totally left ME out, though! This really yank my tail..."

Jamil mutters to himself, "I think even Vil would be hard-pressed to fit YOU on the team."

"Cheer up, Grim," Kalim happily says, and brings out a snack for Grim, "Want a cracker?"

"Urgh, not this again! Somebody tell this guy that crackers aren't the answer to everything," Grim groans.

"Come on guys, let's get to the dorm and find Vil and Rook," Briar says.

"Sounds good," Kalim says.

The group soon approaches the door to the dorm, when they are suddenly stopped by tow Pomefiore students

The first Pomefiore Student says, "You there – the group of seven with a cat and fairy. Halt!"

"Are you talking to us?" Deuce asks

"I see of you passed the SDC ensemble audition," The second Pomefiore student says.

"Yup! Vil asked to see us," Kalim answers, "Would you mind taking us to him?"

"Heh..." The first Pomefiore student replies, "Not so fast. Nobody simply waltzes into our dorm!"

Ace, Kalim & Grim, reply with confused looks, "Huh?"

Then the second Pomefiore student says, "The gates of Pomefiore are open only to those who exhibit both beauty and strength!" And then throws a glove on the ground, "The gauntlet is thrown. Pick it up!"

Kalim is deeply confused, "Wait, I'm confused. Why did he just throw a literal glove at us?"

"Stay sharp, Kalim! Incoming!" Jamil says, bringing out his mage pen.

"I don't understand. What's going on?" Sereia asks.

"I think they're challenging us to a duel," Tanzanite answers.

And without much to think, Jamil and Kalim begin to have a battle with the two students. The two bring out their magepens and begin to have a magic battle against them. Of course, the others stand out of the way. Of course, because Jamil is well experienced and with Kalim's help, the battle is finished quickly, leaving Jamil and Kalim victorious.

The first Pomefiore student says, "Rgh... You're not half-bad."

"Just remember: this is only the beginning. The road to true beauty is long and fraught with peril... Rgh..." The second Pomefiore student says.

And with that, they both fall to the ground in defeat.

Confused, Jamil wonders, "Why in the world would they attack us unprovoked?"

"I have no idea, Jamil," Briar says.

"It's strange that they suddenly attack even though we didn't do anything to them," Sereia says.

"Let's just get to the ballroom for now," Deuce says.

And with that, the group proceeds entering the dorm to meet Vil.