Chapter 64: One Final Bet

Despite being weakened, Vil is still standing.

He glares at the group and says, "Rrgh... You meddling spuds! If I must, then I shall drag all of you down with me!"

Vil then uses his magic to spread more poison around the area, and everyone is being caught in it.

Kalim calls out, "Vil, please, you have to stop! You're not going to survive if you keep this up!"

"Rgh!" Jamil says, frustrated, "We're so close to breaking his blot form."

Ace takes deep breaths, "I'm running dry on magic over here!"

"Yeah, I can't breathe another puff of fire!" Grim says.

"And I don't think I can spray more water.

"Stay on your feet, everyone. We need to at least get clear of the poison mist..." Rook says and coughs.

"There's too much poison here," Briar says.

"What can we do to stop him?" Tanzanite asks.

Trinket tinks, frightened.

Just then, Deuce shouts, "Everybody, get down!"

"Huh?!" Grim says, confused

Soon, Epel realizes, "Ah... I get it! Everybody, do what Deuce says, lickety-split!"

Everyone reacts even more confused, "Huh?!"

"Everyone, move!" Briar says.

Deuce steps forward and says, "My brain doesn't work well under pressure. I can't understand things unless I hammer them in repeatedly. But... If something is hammered into me enough, then I'm able to turn it into something worthwhile!"

Just then, Deuce's body begins to expose a strange aura with sparks as his magic begins to charge up for powerful magic.

Rook asks in surprise, "What's this? An aura of power is rising up around Deuce!"

"Wait, what?! Is that...?!" Ace asks, shocked.

Even Vil is stunned, "How...is that possible? How did you keep that much magic...in reserve?!"

"It's not my magic, Vil. It's the power you've hammered into me! And now it's a power that only I have! It's payback time! Get a load of this! DOUBLE DOWN! Deuce shouts.

And with that, Deuce releases his magic with his fist with full force, knocking Vil out and into the shadow. Soon, the head of the shadow shatters and the blot begins to fall.

Deuce then shouts, "Briar! GO! NOW'S YOUR CHANCE!"

"Right!" Briar says.

Briar then rushes to Vil who is now unconscious and the oozing blot covers them both.