Chapter 63: A Life at Stake

Coming to the rescue is Jamil on Kalim's flying carpet.

Jamil calls out, "Everyone, get on!"

"Jamil!" Kalim cries out in relief.

Not wasting any time, everyone climbs on the magic carpet and flies off.

Vil angrily says, "You shall not escape."

Then Vil flies off after them.

Meanwhile at the stage, it's practically raining outside, and the sky is full of dark clouds. Soon, the carpet flies out of the backstage fall and lands where the stage is.

The skies were clear and sunny before, yet now a tempest rages... Truly, it is like a reflection of Vil's own heart."

Kalim turns to Jamil, "Jamil, we need to evacuate the staff and students, now!"

But notices the seats are empty and no one is around, "...Wait, why is the whole place suddenly empty?"

"Remind me again—how many years have I been covering for you every time you pull a crazy stunt? Of course I had the place evacuated already," Jamil says.

"Whaaa?! But how?" Grim asks, shocked.

"How did you pull it off?" Jasper asks, shocked.

Flashback:

At the Coliseum stands, Neige is walking around, trying to find the staff that is looking for him that Rook mentioned.

Neige looks around and wonders, "Who was the staffer looking for me?"

Just then, Jamil walks over to him and asks, "Excuse me. You're Neige LeBlanche, yes?"

"Yes, that's me," Negi answers. Then asks, "Can I help you?"

I am such a huge fan! I can't believe I get to meet you in person. Could I get your autograph?" Jamil replies, sounding rather excited.

"Of course," Neige says with a smile, "Where would you like me to sign?"

"If you could look right...here," Jamil says.

Then Jamil cast his signature spell, 'Snake Charmer' on Neige, putting him under his spell

"Ah..." Neige reacts, and is soon under Jamil's control.

Jamil says to Neige, "You're going to draw a crowd for me. Take this mic." and pass Neige the microphone, "Now go entertain the fans waiting outside the coliseum. Dance! Sing!"

"Very well..." Neige says, taking the microphone.

He then takes his leave to follow Jamil's orders.

And soon enough, the Tv crew caught wind of it.

One of them shouts in excitement, "WHAT?! Neige is performing for the people in the standby line?! I need all hands on deck, NOW! We can't miss filming a viral opportunity this big!"

The second staff member shouts, "Yes, sir!"

Everyone then takes their leave. And soon enough, the audience who have heard of the news leave the Coliseum to see Neige perform.

Seeing the plan work, Jamil says, ...That should do it."

Flashback Ends

"Amazing! You got everyone outside with the least possible risk!" Sereia says.

"That's some classic Scarabian forethought," Tanzanite says.

Then Jamil says, "When I saw the look on Vil's face after Neige's rehearsal, I had a feeling something was brewing. And I also had a feeling SOMEONE would poke the hornets' nest and set off a worst-case scenario."