Chapter 48: A Late-Night Meeting

Moments later, Briar is walking outsdie of the dorm to see the glowing yellow-green lights. She walks around and soon sees her night friend, Tsunotaro. And the boy with horns soon see Briar.

Briar walks over to him and says, "Good evening, Tsunotaro"

"Greetings, child of man. It's been some time. I trust all is well?" Tsunotaro replies.

"Um yes. My friends and I are doing very well.

Tsunotaro smiles and says, "I'm glad to hear it. It's good to see you in high spirits."

Then she remembers what Lilia says during Winter Break

Flashback:

"I came to deliver a holiday greeting card from a certain somebody," Lilia says, and presents an envelope to Briar

"A certain someone?" Briar replies, confused and takes the greeting card.

A thought comes to her mind and think the greeting card is from Tsunotaro. The thought of the idea makes her blush a bit, but she manages to calm herself so Lilia won't notice.

Flashback Ends:

Remaining calm, despite blushing a but, Briar asks, "Were you the one who sent the holiday greeting card? I saw the initials 'M.D.' on a card envelope. Do I wonder if that's your name initals?"

Tsunotaro soon remembers, "Ah... That's right. I did give a card to Lilia to send. I never received a reply, though." He then looks with a smile, "You've surmised correctly. You really have no idea who I am, do you? Heh."

"Um okay," Briar says.

Briar then reaches into her pocket and brings out the SDC ticket.

A little embarrased, Briar says, "Um Tsunotaro, I'd like to give you something in return for the card. I don't know if you heard, but they're going to be the cultural fair at the school with the fair and the SDC so, I um..." she then presents the ticket to him, "I like to know if you wanna come."

"Are these...tickets to the show they're putting on at this year's culture fair?" Tsunotaro asks, curiously.

He then grows a little surprise, "Are you actually inviting me?"

Briar smiles and nods her head in reply.

Suddenly, Tsunotaro begins to laugh with a smile, "Heh... Heh heh heh... Ha ha ha! You truly have no fear at all. Very well. I shall accept your gracious invitation," and takes the tickets, "Will you be in it?"

"Well um, I won't be in the compeition, but I was chosen to be the opening performer before the actual compeition, but my friends, Ace, Deuce, Jamil, and Kalim are with Vil, Rook and Epel."

"Ah, so you'll be the opening performer representing the school. Schoenheit and Asim will be in it? Heh. That should be quite the spectacle," Tsunotaro replies.

He then smiles at Briar and says, "I'll look forward to the festival and to see you perform for the opening. Have a good night, now, Briar."

"Um goodnight," Briar says.

And in a flash of light," Tsunotaro disappears.

Briar smiles and says to himself, "I think I just made his day, and in a way, I'm really glad he's going to come."

Briar then walks back into the dorm so she can get a good night's rest for the cultural fair."