Chapter 55: A Friendly Guide Cat

Seeing a fight is going to break out between Night Raven and Royal Sword students, Trey and Riddle rush over to break the fight.

Riddle then uses his signature spell, "Off With Your Head!"

And before they can react the Night Raven students have been collared, "Gaaah!"

"The culture fair has barely opened its doors, and already you're picking fights? This is more disrespectful than even breaching the Queen of Hearts's rules!" Riddle sternly says.

"Maaan! Busted by Rosehearts, of all people..." The first student says.

Then Riddle says, "This is your punishment for besmirching the dignity of Night Raven College. Keep those collars on and think about what you've done!"

The three Night Raven students shout, "W-we'll get you for this!"

And the three Night Raven students run off.

Briar and the others, including Trey, rush over to the three Royal Sword students.

"Are you all alright," Briar asks.

Then Trey says, "Are you guys okay? Let me apologize on behalf of our school."

"I-I'm good..." Snick says and sneezes, "Achoo!"

"Gesundheit," Briar says.

"Thank you," Snick says.

"Thank you for helping us," Dominic says.

"Aw, they're adorable!" Briar says to herself in thought, "Hmm, I wonder, if they're Royal Sword students, then they must be the same age as us. And by their appearance, could they be dwarfs, or faes."

Just then, Grum says, "Yeah, whatever. I coulda taken those guys with or without your help."

"Grum! Must you do this every time?" Dominic says.

"I agree Grum, Riddle and Trey took time to help you. The least you can do is thank them," Tanzanite says.

Dominic turns to the Dwarf twins with a smile, "Jasper! Tanzanite! It's good to see you again!"

"It's good to see you Dominic. You too Snick, Grum," Jasper says.

"Hello Jasper! Tanzanite! It's been so long," Snick says. And sneezes again, "Achoo!"

"Oh, so you guys know each other?" Sereia asks.

"We actually did. We used to live in the name neighborhood a long time ago," Jasper says.

"That was before our parents and us moved when we were still in elementary school at the time," Tanzanite says.

"Oh, so are they your new friends," Dominic asks.

"Yes. They're names are Briar, Sereia, Trinket, and Grim," Tanzanite introduces the group to each other.

"Hello, it's nice to meet you, "Briar says.

"Hello," Sereia says.

Trinket tinks in reply.

"It's good to see you guys, what are you doing here?" Dominic asks.

"Jasper and I are students at Night Raven," Tanzanite says.

"Huh? You two go to Night Raven. And a few of your friends are girls? I thought this was a boys only school?" Grum questions.

"We kind of got here under special circumstances," Briar sheepishly says.

Trey then says, "I take it from your uniforms that you boys go to Royal Sword Academy?"

"Yes, that's right!" Dominic says.

"Are you sure? You guys are barely taller than me. Are you sure you're not way younger?" Grim asks.

"Grim, I'm sure they're telling the truth," Briar says.

Offended, Grum says, "Are all of you this rude?! We're pretty tall for dwarfs, I'll have you know. Jasper and Tanzanite are dwarfs like us. Hmph!" and crosses his arms in reply.

"Come on, Grum, cut it out," Dominic says.

Tanzanite asks, "Do you need help with anything."

"To be honest, we do. Have any of you seen four other dwarfs? They're about as tall as we are. We got separated from our group on the way to our dressing room..." Dominic says.

"You mean Toby and the others?" Jasper asks.

"Yes," Dominic says.

"I'm afraid not," Riddle answers, "Would you like me to have the broadcast club page them?"

Suddenly, they hear humming, "Hummm-hum-hummm..."

And then Che'nya's head appears before them, "Looking for someone? I'm the purrfect guy to ask."

Grim screams in fright, "MROOOW! A floating severed head!"

"Che'nya?!" Riddle, Trey, and Briar say in shock.

Soon, Grim recognizes him, "Oh wait, it's you! You're that cat-talkin' weirdo we met in the Heartslabyul garden."

"Heh heh heh. Is he a human? Is he a cat? He's a mysterious and magical fellow," Che'nya says as he makes his body appear, "Artemiy Artemiyevich Pinker! Thaaat's me!"

Snick happily says to Che'nya, "Ah, Che'nya! Have you seen Toby and the others?"

"If you're on the purrowl for your friends, I saw 'em go that way and round the corner," Che'nya says.

"Thanks a bunch," Dominic says, "If you'll excuse us, Night Raven College students! And it's good to see you, Jasper, Tanzanite!"

"See ya around!" Che'nya says.

The Dwarf twins say, "Bye!"

Soon, the three Dwarfs walk away.

Trey turns to Che'nya, "You all know each other, huh, Che'nya? Thanks for stepping in to help."

"Yeah, they're sophomores at my school. I know their names and faces, at least. And I happen to be an excellent guide," Che'nya says.

Riddle then walks to the boy and says, "Nice to see you, Che'nya."

"Hey, Riddle! How ya been?" Che'nya says, "I haven't seen you since last year's unbirthday party. You never did drop by over the holidays."

"Yes... I appreciate you reaching out to me, and I apologize for neglecting to get back to you. I'm doing the same as always," Riddle says.

Then Trey says, "Che'nya, I'm afraid we're still on management committee business. Things are pretty crazy right after opening. Mind if we catch up later?"

"You guys certainly know how to stay busy. Okay, I'll get outta your hair!" Che'nya says, and makes most of his body disappear and his head remains.

Riddle says, "Che'nya, don't use your signature spell to spook any other visitors, okay?"

"No promises. Maybe if I'm feeling charitable! Hum-hum-hummm..."Che'nya says, and disappears fully.

Trey sighs in relief, "Phew... Never a dull moment around here. Let's make the rounds in the east building and wrap this up, shall we?"