Chapter 47: A Lingering Question

After seeing the performance, Crowley happily says, "Oh... OOOH! Marvelous. Simply marvelous! You're all in such perfect sync! I knew I made the right call putting Schoenheit in charge of production. An ultra-trendy song, sharp dance moves, incredible singing, and highly thematic lyrics... I give it top marks across the board!"

"Heh... But of course. What do you take me for?" Vil replies.

"What I've always taken you for," Crowley says, "A leading global talent—no, correction—the housewarden of Pomefiore, our campus's most historic and beautiful dorm. The SDC is a musical recital. We won't know what songs the other schools have chosen until the day of... But you have a level of polish that makes you worthy of being called top contenders.

Schoenheit. NRC. Defeat Royal Sword Academy and prove your beauty to the world!

"Yes, sir!" The students answer

Kalim whispers to Jamil, "The headmage seems very enthusiastic about this whole thing, don't you think?"

"Knowing him, he probably thinks it would be a huge publicity boost if we won," Jamil whispers.

"Oh, yes—I have something for you all," Crowley says.

Soon, Crowley hands everyone what seems to be tickets, for the SDC.

"Song & Dance Championship affiliate tickets," Briar says.

"Tickets to the SDC remain hot commodities every year," Crowley says, "I've used our status as the host school to reserve a small handful of affiliate seats. You can give them to your friends and family."

Kalim is happy to hear it, "Ooh! Thanks, Headmage!My mom and dad said they'd rented out a few movie theaters for the event back home. They'll be holding a live viewing with all the household staff and family."

And Jamil says, "My little sister said she'd be visiting for the culture fair. I suppose I could give her one. Though it does make me a tad nervous knowing family will be watching."

"Yeah. I'm starting to get a little nervous too," Briar says.

"You're going to do great out there. I'll bet you all will win for sure," Jasper says.

"I'm not competing Jasper, I'm just the opening performer," Briar says.

"I still think you'll do great," Epel says.

"Yeah. And you looked great in your costume too. Vil and Crewel did a great job," Kalim says.

Briar blushes a bit after hearing that, "Um thank you."

"I have to admit, you look pretty, maybe we should have more girls at the school," Ace says.

"Uh, I don't know if our school is ready for that," Deuce says.

"Yes. It's up to the school board, not us," Epel says.

"And on that note, don't let me keep interrupting your practice. I'll be taking my leave now. Break a leg, everybody," Crowley says.

And Crowley leaves the ballroom.

Vil turns to the others and says, "Yes, sir!"

Soon, everyone begins to practice once more.

"Lookin' at these guys now, it's like all the struggles we saw at first never even happened," Grim says.

"Yeah. They've been practicing very hard," Tanznantie says.

"They might actually win this," Jasper says.

Sereia happily says, "I'm sure they'll win."

"Well then, I'm sure we'll all be very excited for the event when it comes," Briar says.

She then looks at the tickets she has received from Crowley.

She then blushes a bit and says in thought, "Maybe I should give him this. I'm sure he'll like to come see us perform."

Later in the night, everyone is fast asleep in their rooms, they need a good night sleep for the event. In the boys' room, Grim is practically snoring. In the girl's room, Briar is the only one who isn't asleep. Instead, she looks at the mirror, but so far, nothing.

"Nothing odd in the mirror today, either," Briar says to herself in thought.

She thinks, "I wonder, was Mickey even real, or was it all just some weird dream."

Maybe I was just dreaming about Mickey after all..."

Briar sighs and looks out the window.

She then smiles, "I'm really excited for the event, but also really nervous. I sure hope I can perform well during the opening."

Suddenly, Briar soon notices glowing yellow-green lights.

"Those light..." Briar says to herself softly.

She then smiles and knows exactly what the yellow-green lights means, since it happen before. With that, Briar grabs a blanket and hurry down stairs.