Chapter 25: A Rival Looking Strong

The SDC group listens to the song they'll be performing once more so they can get familiar with what they're singing and dancing too.

Vil turns off the music and says, "I've also arranged for original choreography to accompany the song. Here, I'll pull up a dance video with a similar dynamic to provide you with a visual aid of what our performance will look like when it's finished. There should be plenty of videos from professional dance groups on Magicam..." He then scans through his phone and finds the video, "Ah, here we are."

"I know the deal here. You gotta watch a commercial before you get to the video, right?

Commercial" Grim says with a grin on his face.

Everyone gets together to watch the video on Vil's phone. And like Grim says, a commercial appears. The first thing that appears on the screen is Neige.

The commercial announces, "Keep your skin as soft as powdered snow. This UV foundation is made to protect all your delicate curves."

"It's finally here: a magical sunblock that makes all your wishes come true," Neige says.

"Félicité Cosmetics: Precious Protection Foundation," The narrator adds.

"Here, come closer..." Neige says, as the camera comes closer.

Seeing the commercial, Ace says, "Oh yeah, that Neige guy is gonna be at the SDC too, right? Cater was saying he's the most popular entertainer on Magicam."

"Hm. He'll garner a lot of votes, I'm sure," Jamil says.

And Rook says, "He's the Royal Sword Academy representative."

"So he's our rival!" Kalim replies.

"Precisely. The road we travel toward victory must by necessity go squarely through him. Still..." Rook says, "Those rose-red lips and glossy black hair... That endearing smile that could charm anyone in an instant... A rival though he may be, oh, c'est beau!"

"I have to admit, he seems very charming," Briar says.

Then says, "But still, he is a student of Night Raven's rival school."

"You're right. He's from Royal Sword Academon," Tanzanite says.

"All the more reason why we have to win this," Jasper says.

"Jasper's right," Grim says. "I've got a tuna bonanza riding on this competition! We gotta take home the gold!"

Epel remains silent.

Then Vil says to everyone, "Cease your frivolous chatter and focus on the dance video. This time, losing is absolutely not an option."

And with that, everyone watches the video that will give them inspiration for their routine.