Chapter 74: Headmage Details

Later in the night, at the stands of the coliseum.

Crowley dramatically expresses his defeat in sorrow, "Again... Another loss. I thought for sure that we'd beat them this time around! What were we missing? Where did we go wrong?"

Suddenly, someone walks over. An elderly like man wearing a blue outfit with a bended wizard hat and a white sash. He is also wearing glasses.

He walks to Crowley and says, "Hello, Mr. Crowley. It's been quite a while."

Crowley looks at the man in surprise, "Ambrose the Sixty Third! I didn't expect to see the headmage of Royal Sword Academy today!"

Ambrose LXIII laughs, "Hoh hoh. The sight of youths engaging in friendly rivalry is a lovely one indeed. Royal Sword Academy is taking home another victory this time."

"Yes, so it would seem," Crowley says, "But only by a one-vote margin! That's within any margin of error you could name."

"And yet, a victory it remains. We win, you lose! Oh hoh hoh!" Ambrose LXIII with laughter.

Crowley growls in anger, "Grrr...! We'll win the next one, just you wait."

"Well, there's always the upcoming interscholastic Spelldrive games in May. I'm quite looking forward to that! After all, Royal Sword Academy might earn their hundredth win there," Ambrose LXIII says.

But then he says, "By the way, Mr. Crowley... I've been picking up traces of large-scale magic all over the coliseum."

"And?" Crowley questions.

"The sheer volume of magic was far beyond what would get used in a practical magic exam," Ambrose LXIII explains.

Then wonders, "What in the world transpired here before the SDC began?"

"I haven't the slightest idea what you're talking about," Crowley answers, "As headmage of the school hosting the culture fair, I can assure you that great pains have been taken to ensure the safety of this event. I'll grant that perhaps some students got a little rowdy during rehearsals... But I'm sure that's all it was. My students can be a tad bit quirky at times, but really, that's all part of what makes them shine.

"Hmmm... If you say so, I suppose," Ambrose LXIII says, "I'll keep a closer eye on them tomorrow."

"My, my. I could hardly ask for greater assurance than that. I hope you enjoy the festival as well, Professor Ambrose. I'll be going now," Crowley says, and begins to walk away.

Before he can leave, Ambrose says, "Before you go, I like to ask you about one of your students."

"Oh, and who would that be?" Crolwey asks.

"The young lady who performed for the opening. I must say, I am rather surprised to see that you have a young girl attending the school," Ambrose LXIII says.

"Well, Ms. Hawthrone is a special case. But I do say that she will make a unique addition to the school," Crowley says.

"I see, However, I couldn't help but notice I've seen her somewhere before," Ambrose LXIII says.

"Huh?" Crowley says.

"It's only a theory, but I felt that I've seen someone that resembles her. Of course, my mind could possibly be playing tricks on me," Ambrose LXIII says.

"I see," Crowley says.

He then smiles and says, "Well, I think it's best I get going. We still have the second day of the fair tomorrow. I'll be going now."

Then Crowley walks away, as Ambrose LXIII remains behind, deep in thought.

Later in the Ramshackle Dorm Lounge, Briar and the others return and are worn out from today's event.

Grim sighs, "Whew... This has been one rough month. I never did get my tuna bonanza." Then says in frustration, "And all that hard work I went through as manager was for a big ol' load of nothin'! Myargh! I should be buried up to my ears in tuna right about now!"

He then calms down and says, "Now that the SDC's over and the guys've all gone back to their dorms, this place sure feels bigger, huh?"

"I have to agree. It kind of feels empty here," Jasper says.

"It does seem very quiet without the others around," Sereia says

"Well, we're all cleaned up for the night. We should get to be," Grim says.

"I have to agree. Tomorrow is the second day of the fair, and I'm very tired," Tanzanite says.

"Yeah. That battle against Vil really worn me out," Jasper says.

"Alright then, goodnight everyone," Briar says.

Later everyone walks up the stairs and heads to their rooms. Suddenly, Briar hears a strange knocking noise.

Confused, Briar asks herself, "Is there someone at the door?"

Briar then thinks she must have imagined it and decides to turn in for the night.