Chapter 1 - y/n pov

Hello! This is my first time publishing anything I write so be nice lol

First I want to clear up some stuff;

Y/n....well by this point you all know what it means

F/n - first name
L/n - last name
H/c - hair colour
E/c - eye colour

Italics - peoples thoughts/ mind reading

"" italics - quotes + italics is telepathic communication

Please enjoy! This is kinda just for fun and I'm grateful if someone reads this but tbh I don't mind at all, but if you're reading this thank you! ^^

Anyways! Let's begin!

.............................................................

He keeps staring at me. Why does he keep staring at me? I don't understand. This pink haired moron keeps staring at me and I can't read his mind.

I moved to this new school, PK academy, since my father got a job near this area and a better house. Which is nice since we used to live dead centre in Tokyo in a small apartment. Because of my mind reading powers it just got to be too much, far too busy in my mind. But it's kind of frustrating I can't read his. Whatever. Less voices to worry about.

I'm in front of the classroom about to introduce myself. I feel so on display. I hate attention, and yet, all eyes are on me. This uniform doesn't help, who thought mint green was a good colour for uniform. "Hello! My names f/n l/n, it's nice to meet you all!" I play the role of sweet boring girl. Yet...

Wow, she's cute

What luck, pretty new transfer student

I should introduce myself to her after class

She seems kind of boring

Ughhh, I wish the holidays lasted longer

She's pretty, I should try be her friend!

She might be pretty but not prettier than me, the most perfect pretty girl!

Peoples thoughts flood to my mind, most about me. Whatever. There's a spare seat behind this light blue haired boy who looks quite frail. "Hey! I'm jet black wings! Shun Kaido! Don't worry, I'll protect you from dark reunion and their plan sort man kind!" What is this idiot blabbering about?

She's cute! I have to be her friend! I-I mean I have to make her my comrade!

I sigh. God sake. He seems like his mind is stuck in 8rd grade. His body too. The teacher quiets him down. Let's hope I won't have to deal with him anymore, I know I'm repeating myself but I really don't want attention, just don't wanna stand out. Having powers makes that kind of hard, but that's exactly the reason I want to be left alone. I don't mind friends and what not, just, don't want anyone to get too close. For their good. Ugh, I wish I had more control over my powers. Maybe I'd have a normal life, well, normal for me at least.

There's this unnerving feeling. I can't quite explain it. Usually I know when peoples eyes are on me, which can be kind of annoying but at least I know what they're thinking so it's usually fine. But this is different. I look back at the weird pink haired boy, it's him. He's the strange unnerving feeling. Why in hell, does he keep staring at me? I can't read his mind, which would be fine if it wasn't for the fact he keeps staring and I don't know what he's thinking, not to mention the poker face he's got on.

I start getting bored and decide to experiment a bit. Obviously I can tell I can't read his mind, which reading minds I have no control over. But I'll try something I actually do have control over. Let's try x-ray vision. Hmm. I can't see through him. Everyone else I can easily see through, ugh, I hate this power, it's so creepy to see people as sacks of muscle and blood. I should try psychometry at some point, but how do I get a chance to touch him nonchalantly? That sounded weirder than I meant it to.

Who cares, it's just some strange guy I can't read. Maybe if I don't act on it, it'll be fine. I start feeling an ache in my gut. Being a psychic and all I probably should be paying more attention to these intuitive feelings. But. I can't be bothered.

Class finally ends and it's lunch time. "Hello! I'm Kokomi Teruhashi! It's nice to meet you!" Oh wow. She's very pretty. It looks like she's glowing. People are surrounding her, she may be pretty but they should still give her some space. I almost feel bad. If it wasn't for the fact I can read her mind of course.

Heh! I just made her day. Me, the most perfect pretty girl talking to the new transfer student will make her popular! I bet she's very thankful! Heheh! I'm so perfect!

This arrogant girl can't imagine anyone not liking being popular, since you can tell she always has. Ugh. Just another nuisance to deal with. "Hi! It's nice to meet you Teruhashi" I smile and walk away.

Oh it's Saiki! I should go talk to him!

"Hey Saiki! I was just wondering if you wanted to help me show the transfer student around the school?"

What- no! I turn around to see who she's talking to. It's the pink haired boy from before. Ugh I can't let this happen. Wait...maybe I'll get a chance to use psychometry on him!
"Y/n hold on! We'll show you around the school!" I stop walking and smile at her, nodding. This Saiki guy then nods, kind of reluctantly. That's the other thing I'm worried about. Why couldn't I read his name? I can read everyone's name. Why not him?

We start walking. I need to find an opportunity to use my powers on him.

Saiki.

I'm going to find out why I can't read you.

.............................................................

Thank you so much for reading, I hope you enjoyed! :)