Chapter 14 - y/n pov

Now it's my turn to try on my dresses. And all eyes will be on me. What a pain. I don't really like the dresses I picked to be honest. But I couldn't find any other ones I liked.

I have three dresses. I try on the first dress. It's a pretty boring one to be honest. It's black but just a little sparkly. It's middle-sleeved, and falls right above my knees. It hugs my waist and then tapers. It's alright. A little small but it's supposed to be my size. The top half is a little tight is all. It shows a little cleavage, I'm not a huge fan of that. But I guess I don't hate it.

I went out and the reactions were pretty standard. A few compliments. The boys desperately tried to keep their eyes away from my chest. Except Nendo. He didn't even care. Kaido was blushing this entire time. And considering he has a crush on me still, he's blushing more. Kaido just have a crush on Chiyo instead please.

I try on the second dress. This one is actually really cute. I just don't really think it's my style. It's a white dress, it's a little short but it's still cute, it has little strawberries on it. Again, it's adorable, but definitely not me.

I go out to show them.

"Woah! That dress is adorable!" Says Chiyo. Cheering me on.

"Y-yeah it suits you!" Says Kaidou blushing.

They may have a good response but I don't think I'll pick this dress.

"Ahah~ it's adorable, but I don't really think it's my thing!" I say before going back in to try the last dress.

This dress is also nice, a huge contrast to the last one. But I don't think it's my thing either. Well no. It is my thing. But it's just a little boring. It's a simple long sleeved black dress that hugs my body. It has a slit on one of the sides. I think it'd be really cute if I wore it with some black tights. It's a turtle neck though and it's just too much of a winter dress. It's mid summer. It'll be too hot in it.

I got out to show them. They all really like it. I do too. But I can't pick it.

"It is really nice but it's the middle of summer, I'd be too warm in this" I say. Sighing since I couldn't find a dress.

"Don't worry y/n. You'll find a dress!" Says Chiyo to cheer me up.

"I might just find a shirt and skirt instea- huh?"

A specific dress catches my eye that I didn't see earlier.

"Wait maybe I could try that one!" I say before getting the dress I just saw and trying it on.

It's a gorgeous dress. I can't believe I missed it before. It's way more my style. It's this faded black dress with thin red lace on top of it looking almost like a gradient. It has a subtle flowery pattern, but in a non-tacky way. It hugged the top of my body and loosely fell over my thighs, thin translucent lace at the ends reaching to about 2.5inches above my knees. The sleeves were long hugging my arms and then opening up at my elbow in a cone shape. The upper bit was v-necked showing off a little cleavage. But I'm okay with it since the dress is so pretty- oh I'm sorry, I got a little too in to it there. It's almost like author wishes this dress were real so she could wear it.

I come out of the fitting room. This time the response is 10x bigger. They really liked the dress. And Kokomi's thoughts showed she was okay with it since her dress still stood out more. Fine by me. I just want to look pretty but not stand out too much. Which is hard but oh well. I'll just try enjoy myself.

The boys pick out their things and we pay and leave. Finally. That felt like it lasted forever. I'm so glad it's over and I got a nice dress too!

When I get home my mom greets me.

"Hey honey! How was hanging out with your friends! Oh! I'm so happy you have friends now! Well you've always been kind of popular but now it looks like you're accepting it!"

"Hey mom. And not exactly. It's just easier to accept it than fight it at this point. Do you wanna see the dress I bought?" I respond.

My moms sweet. Not as sweet as Saiki's mom. Which now reminds me she still wants me to have those 'cooking lessons' with her. But my moms still a really nice person. I've grown to have a very open relationship with her. Even if she doesn't quite get me sometimes she's still really supportive and you have to admire that.

"Oh yes! Let me see!" She replies to my offer.

I show her and she immediately screams

"Ow- mom! my ears-" I say putting a hand over one of ears while the other holds the dress.

"Oh! It's so cute! Try it on now! I want to see it on you! Let me take a picture!"

"I'll show you on the day mom! Haha!" I say as I take my things to my room upstairs.

I hear my dad downstairs quickly run to my mom.

"What is it!? Is something wrong? You screamed!" Says my dad worried.

"Oh yes! I'm okay, y/n's new dress is just so cute!"

"Oh I see, I'll have to see it at some point! But please don't scream so loud dear, I'm trying to work"

My parents are pretty basic to be honest, which is surprising considering how not so basic their children are. My older siblings are back in the city now by the way. They don't have classes at the moment but they already visited so they're back in the city.

I shut the door behind me. Or rather attempt to before my mom quickly runs up to stop me.

"Wait sweetie! Saiki's mom called and asked if you wanted to come over to theirs for cooking lessons tomorrow! It's so nice that you made friends, now I have mom friends!"

"Ahah! Alright mom. Though I don't know if I want to g-"

"Nonsense you're going! You'll have fun I promise! I already said you'll be there so you can't back out now!"

"Mom!"

She giggles and walks off.

"Sigh."

Well. Guess it unavoidable. At least I enjoy cooking. There's actually lots of hobbies I do despite my powers being a thing. I just try my best not to use them. This makes me feel a little more normal I guess. So there's lots, and I mean LOTS, of hobbies I've picked up.

Guess cooking with his mom won't be so bad.

.............................................................

Thank you for reading! I hope you enjoyed! :)