Chapter 36 - saiki pov

"Alright. Close your eyes and hold on to my hand. I'll teleport us there."

She gives me her hand, it fits nicely in mind. She closes her eyes and I teleport us there. It's a nice field away from the public by at least 7 miles from each side. It's got long fluffy feeling grass full of various flowers. There's trees near by shading us slightly, and the view looking onto beautiful landscapes of panes of grass.

She opens her eyes. "Holy crap Kusuo! This is beautiful!" She says holding tighter onto my hand. I put down the basket as I take out my ring from my pocket, let go of her hand to put the ring on.

We set up the picnic. It looks really nice. I open up the bento y/n made for me. She did something similar to me, except she made it 10x cuter. I can't help but feel good. We take out some cider and cheers before we begin eating. As expected, the bento tastes incredible. She really is a good cook.

"This really good! Thanks Kusuo!"

"You're welcome. This is really good too"

"Of course it is! I made it!" She says smiling cockily. Surprisingly I smile a little at it. I don't let her see though.

We enjoy our food. It tastes better when we both made it. After we finish eating y/n gets her phone and puts some music on. She then grabs my hand and leads me to lay in the grass with her.

"Come on Kusuo!" We lay down together and look at the clouds.

We have a moment of silence. Only the music being heard. Then she starts to speak.

"So...what does this mean then? Am I your girlfriend now?"

"I'm not sure...is that what you do normally after a date? Become a couple?"

"I think it depends. Though I don't mind personally, whatever you're comfortable with, I think it's most efficient to take off from there, I mean I know I've enjoyed myself, but if you need more time-"

"No I agree. If we both like each other why waste time? So...will you be my girlfriend?"

That was probably very direct. Again. I don't understand romance, I'm still human with feelings. Maybe a very powerful human with psychic powers, but I still feel things. But romance, it's still foreign to me.

"Hehe~ yes!" She looks over at me and smiles.

She's...my girlfriend. I have a, girlfriend. That's crazy to me. So much has happened since she came here.

"Come on! You have a girlfriend now! Smile!" She says, putting here finger on my cheek, pulling my cheek up to try make me look like I'm smiling. I gently take her hand away and kiss the back of her hand. I look back up and smile. Is that romance? I know I liked it.

She blushes and smiles at me. We continue to lay down in the grass. Looking up at the sky as we hold hands. This girl. She was just a psychic who happened to share similar powers to me. Now she's my girlfriend? Life is weird sometimes.

She sits up, making me sit up too.

She then looks at me. "You're always wearing those glasses..."

"I don't want to turn you to stone"

"But...I want to see your eyes...what if..." she puts her hand up to my glasses, like she's about to take them off.

"Just concentrate on my eyes, think about not turning me to stone. I'm not afraid. I believe you can control it. Just concentrate"

She slowly begins to remove them. I really don't want to turn her to stone. I do as she says, concentrate on her eyes and on not turning her to stone.

"Don't close your eyes when I take them off, just stay calm and keep concentrating on me" she calmly removes my glasses. Somehow, I didn't turn her to stone. While it could easily be because of my powers not working on her, part of me wants to believe she really helped me control my powers.

"You're eyes are beautiful Kusuo~"I see her smile. I calm down, blink, which I didn't realise I wasn't doing.
"You don't need to worry about wearing them around me anymore!"

This girl. She's really special. I can't help but smile slightly too.

We enjoy each other's company a while longer before we eventually pack up and head back to her house. I make sure to put my glasses back on. It was nice to take them off and be able to look at her without them. We teleport back to her house.

To which her parents are there. And while they aren't as bad as my parents, they're still pretty excited to see me.

"Oh honey! Were you hanging out with Kusuo? That's so cute!" Y/n's mom quickly runs up to grab her daughters hands in hers.

"You've become so social recently! I'm very happy about that y/n!" Her dad says, helping me put away the picnic basket.

I've met her parents a couple times. Like if Yutta feels like bothering y/n, and her parents are home. Yes there are times y/n and I have hung out and you haven't read it. Nothing exciting happened so it's just implied.

Anyways. Her parents are unique people. Not like my parents thankfully, but not much different. Her mother, mrs. L/n, she's sweet and kind of loud. She's excited for every little thing. She's got the kind of face you can't say 'no' to. Which is why y/n does a lot of the things she says, y/n and her mom are close and she doesn't want to make her sad so she usually just does what she says.

As for her dad, mr. L/n, he's much quieter than his wife but he's gentle and kind. He has a childish side, but he doesn't show it in public, so I'm going off of what y/n has told me. Overall a good guy. The only thing about him is. Well. How do I put this. He's very protective? Despite knowing his daughter is stronger than he is, by a lot, he still feels very protective of her. So he's kind and gentle on the outside, but gives any guy around his daughter a slight death glare. His thoughts are also a little much. I'm glad I'm wearing my ring this time. But overall he's a good guy, just looking out for his daughter. Though I can't help but feel a little uneasy with his eyes piercing me anytime I'm at least 5 meters away from his daughter.

Her mom likes me a lot though. She's overbearingly sweet. "Oh Kusuo! You always look so handsome! You should stay a while! I'll get started dinner in a couple hours you should stay for that!" A couple hours? How late did y/n and I stay out at the field. I'm positive we left around 1. Did we seriously stay out until 4?

Being left no choice I'm staying. I don't mind. Though I'd rather it just be y/n and myself alone. No offence to her parents, it's just less stressful. They obviously know about my powers now by the way. It didn't take very long for y/n to gossip with her mom anyways so I let her tell her since I knew there was no reason to keep it a secret from them.

"Come on, let's hang out in my room before my dad notices, I'm sure he'll make a big deal about it so hurry!" She says, grabbing my hand as we quickly walk upstairs to her room.

I was in her room before but didn't really have a chance to take it in. Her room is pretty nice, some posters, for her favourite bands I assume, are on the walls, fairy lights, in general a pretty nice looking room. I've not properly been in her room before.

"Welcome to my room! The one place of peace in this house haha~" she sits down on the bed, patting beside her for me to sit down.

I sit down next to her and she lays her head on my shoulder. She exhales before speaking. "Today was fun! Thank you Kusuo!"

"Heh~ you're welcome..."

............................................................

Thank you for reading! I hope you enjoyed! :)