Chapter 21 - saiki pov

"Hehe~ I'll pay you back some how, don't worry! Though knowing you the best I could do in return would to be leave you alone haha~"

Heh. That surprisingly made my smile a little bit.

You're probably wondering where the source of my good acts are coming from. Well it's exactly what I said to y/n. I noticed her issues with crowds and as a fellow psychic I could sympathise. I'm still human.

"I'm alright now if you want to let go of my hand. My headache is gone, I can manage until the end of the party" she's says, smiling at me gratefully.

I let her hand go gently.

"Actually I might just go home early, it's getting late anyways"

"I'll probably do the same. I should appreciate this moment to leave."

"Alright"

We both get up going back inside trying our best to not catch attention. I manage to make it to the front door garbing my things on the way.

"Oh! Y/n there you are! Did you dip out for some air?"

That's Teruhashi's voice. If she looks over my way she'll make me stay. Looks like y/n's already been caught.

Fine, I'll distract her.

Wait, never mind, looks y/n already did.

"Oh no! How did those plates fall in the kitchen! I'll be one moment y/n!"

Teruhashi runs off to the kitchen to fix the problem. Y/n using the distraction as an opportunity to grab her things and leave. I also use this opportunity.

Y/n and I end up walking in silence together since we live so close. This is awkward, even for me. The silencer ring making this moment even quieter.

Oh, y/n's putting earphones in. Guess she really does like listening to music. I wonder what's she's listening to?

"Saiki, you're staring at me"

Oh, guess I was.

"Do you want to listen?" She says offering one of the earphones to me. "I know you don't listen to music, or rather I assume, but you're welcome to"

I heard her favourite song earlier. What kind of music does she like? I mean I doubt I'm much to judge but she's just interesting. When it comes to powers she's incredibly similar to me, to a creepy extent. But in interests she's very different.

I let curiosity win and I take the earphone putting it in.

We walk for a while in silence listening to her music. Obviously myself not listening to music I wouldn't really know but she seems to have pretty good taste.

"You said you also play some instruments right?"

"Yeah!"

Pretty impressive to be honest. She says she doesn't use her powers with hobbies, which must be hard to do.

We arrive at my house. I give her back her earphone and walk into my house.

"See ya!"

"Goodbye."

I walk into my house. My parents immediately bombard me with questions about tonight to which I ignored and went to my room.

Today was annoying. I guess stepping out at the end with y/n wasn't too bad though. It seems I was able to make her feel better.

Her dress was pretty. Though it seems she didn't feel completely sure about wearing it at first, likely because it would attract attention. She got more comfortable after Teruhashi finished getting ready and went down though since attention shifted.

Speaking of attention. I had to endure people singing me happy birthday. There's 9 more days until my birthday excluding today. Why celebrate so early. People mainly put their attention on Teruhashi, thankfully.

Sigh.

I need sleep.

   ———————————————

"Happy birthday Kuu-chan!"

Good morning to you too mom. You couldn't of let me sleep in?

It's been 10 days since the party. Now it's my birthday. I've been hoping to spend it quietly but there goes my mom.

"Here's your birthday gift!"

My mom hands me some money. I can buy coffee jelly with this.

"Here son. It's no big deal-"

I start making the money symbol with my hand instructing him to give me more. I can't remember a day I didn't do him some form of favour.

After getting my birthday money from my parents. I go downstairs to eat breakfast.

"Do you have any plans today Ku?"
Asks my mother while sitting down to eat.

"I need to go buy a couple things."

"That sounds fun! But be home before 2 because I have a surprise for you!"

So this is why she asked me to wear my ring these past couple days. So I wouldn't hear about this surprise. Whatever it is if it's not having some time alone I don't want it. Not to sound ungrateful but they are my parents. By this point they should know what I'd want on my birthday. Whatever. I've learned that at this point I just have to accept my fate when it comes to my mothers plans.

I finish my breakfast and get ready to leave. With the birthday money and some other money I've been saving up I'll able to buy the new jelly machine!

Don't get the wrong impression folks. This machine makes all kinds of jelly, has two attached nozzles for whipped cream, and now 9 fun shapes! It's better than the last one I bought.

I'm going to a different store than where I had originally bought the first one. I want to avoid that pushy employee. Plus this place has all sorts of things. Groceries, clothes, technology. So it's more likely I'll find it here anyways.

I found it! Time to pay! Right now there's even a limited edition dessert cups included machine.

I'll go pay for this now.

Huh?

While walking over to go pay I passed the jewellery area as I see they have germanium rings. Most of the jewellery there looks pretty cheap. I didn't know this place sold germanium rings. ——————

I'm out of the store now, I've bought everything I need to. Now I need to get back for my 'surprise'.

I have a bad feeling about this.

.............................................................

Thank you for reading! I hope you enjoyed! :)