Chapter 16 - y/n pov

I had my 'cooking lessons' with mrs Saiki about two days ago. They honestly weren't so bad. Being summer a lot of people go on holiday so the neighbourhood is pretty quiet and my telepathy doesn't pick up as much. There's actually quite a nice moment then. When Saiki's mom left to get eggs there's a moment of peacefulness and quietness. I even forgot Saiki was there. I was a little embarrassed when Saiki caught me humming but oh well. It was really nice and I could feel the sun on me through the window. It's these things that make me enjoy doing hobbies despite my powers.

Anyways. Right now I'm out for a walk, okay maybe I was out buying snacks. We can call it a walk. The sun is nice, since I can control what temperature I feel I never get too warm or too cold but during early summer or late summer, as well as early and mid autumn, I tend to not use my powers much because I like the feeling of a slightly warm sun. Or in autumn a slightly prickly breeze. I do small things like that to make myself feel more normal.

"No! My balloon! Hey missis! Can you get my balloon for me please!"

I wish cyborg-cider man number 2 was here! Last time he got my balloon

I don't know who this cyborg-cider person is but I suggest you stop letting of your balloon out of your hand if you don't want to loose it. Whatever, I'll help. I'm not a monster.

"There kid! I got your balloon!"

Crap, I jumped a bit higher than a regular person there, hopefully the kid won't notic-

"Was that the soda jump!!"

The soda jump?

"How do you have cyborg-cider man number 2's power?! Are you cyborg-cider women number 2?"

I'm assuming the women version of the man was only added because they didn't want people to be mad at the lack of gender equality in superhero shows. But isn't this from an advertisement for some cider or something?

"You are! You are! You are cyborg-cider women number 2! Oh cyborg-cider women number 2 I'm a big fan of you cyborg-cider women number 2 and all your superhero friends!"

Do you really need to say that ridiculous name every single time

"Sorry buddy, I'm not this superhero, but I'm glad I could help get your balloon back!"

"You can't deny it now! I saw you use the soda jump! GASP, wait you need to come see cyborg-cider man number 2! He's my neighbour! I want to see cyborg-cider man number 2 AND cyborg-cider women number 2 in the same room!" He says while pulling me by the sleeve.

I'm usually okay with children but this one is a notch above what I'm qualified for.

"Oh but I don't think we should bother him!"

He's dragging me to some place. What if I was busy kid? I mean granted I'm not but still.

"Don't worry about it! You two have fought together I'm sure you'll be friends!"

That's not the issue brat!

"Okay we're here!"

What- this is Saiki's house. Are you kidding me-

"What is it Yuuta?"

"I found cyborg-cider women number 2 look!"

Saiki and I just look at each other with shared face of 'why is this happening'

"Let her in cyborg-cider man number 2!"

Saiki sighs and I'm lead in my this child small hand still on my sleeve.

Oh wait!

"Hey Yuuta? Is that your name sweetie? Here I have cider! Is this from the show you watch?" I had to wait until someone said his name otherwise it would be creepy if I just said his name despite no one telling me. (Because of my name reading power remember? Or has it been that long since the author said anything about it)