Chapter 17 - saiki pov

Each day is getting closer to Teruhashi's birthday. And for some reason the past few days have been leading me and y/n together. First the cooking and then Yuuta the other day. While I did say I wouldn't actively avoid her as much anymore, that doesn't mean I want to get close.

Ding dong~

And now here comes Nendo to ruin my peaceful afternoon. Great and my mom answered the door I'll have no choice but to hang out with him.

"Hey buddy's mom! I was wondering if my pal was free to go to the beach!"

Again? Didn't we do that last summer?

"Oh that's so cute! Ku you're going!"

Great. Just great. I'll just take a book with me.

   ——————————————

How did I end up here?

Why is everyone here? Mera and Hairo are working as life guards, Teruhashi, Yumehara and y/n are here hanging out and Kaido and Kuboyasu tagged along with Nendo and I. There's a certain purple-haired perv looking for girls and a certain gyaru giving 'beach fortunes', whatever that is.

Why are there so many people here!

"Offu~ it's Teruhashi!" Says Kaidou, Nendo, Kuboyasu and every guy on the beach somehow.

I'll make you say 'offu' Saiki! I even bought a new swimsuit! I got a pink one this time!

Too bad I couldn't see it for more than a second before you turned to walking muscle Teruhashi.

"Oh hi guys! I didn't know you were here! What good luck!" Says Teruhashi.

And you're wrong. This is unlucky. Well for me, but god does love you.

Some time passes and everyone is having fun on the beach. Somehow y/n managed to be convinced into doing half of these beach activities. Knowing her she doesn't want to. Analysing her it seems she didn't plan on coming today. She's wearing Teruhashi's swimsuit from the Okinawa trip last year. It's blue and the bottom half is frilled like a skirt. This shows she was convinced into going and Teruhashi likely lended her the swimsuit.

Thankfully I've not been dragged into anything. I'm just reading under the shade.

"Those girls are cute! The one in the blue and the one in the pink! There's one in yellow with them. She's alright I guess but the one in pink is smoking hot!"

"Rock paper scissors for who gets who!"

"Alright! First the extra hot one!"

"Rock! Paper! Scissors!"

"Aw man! I wanted her!"

"Ha! Alright now you two Rock Paper Scissors for the one in blue!"

"Rock paper scissors!"

"Yes! At least I still got a hot one!"

"Man, I'm left with the chick in yellow, really?"

These type of men disgust me.

"Hey hottie!" Says one of the men going over to Teruhashi. I was going to intervine but the entire beach is instead so looks like it's fine.

"Man! I got hoarded!"

"Ha! Well I got the one in blue. I'll go charm her!" The guy says flexing is biceps.

"Hey girl! You're pretty hot!"

"Umm..." y/n reply's. She looks pretty annoyed.

"Wait dude!" One of his friends drags him away leaving y/n stood there watching.

"Since I got hoarded trying to get the extra hottie, I should get this one!"

Can these assholes stop talking about women like objects?

"What! But I won her!"

"Rock paper scissors! Then!"

I'm putting an end to this.

"Rock! Paper! Scissors! Huh? Who are you?"

"Looks like I win."

I get ready to punch him making sure no one's around.

"Ow! Ah!"

"What the hell!"

"Ugh!"

Huh?

"Jeez. Men like you disgust me. Stop hitting on me or my friend, and Chiyo is gorgeous as well assholes! Hmph!" Y/n says walking away after kicking two of the men and punching the other. All three left on the floor.

Damn. Guess I forgot she can handle herself.

The rest of the day at the beach was pretty regular, we got ice cream so that was nice. At least I got sweets.

"Hey"

Oh, it's y/n

"Thanks for standing up for me, even if I ending up handling it myself eheh~"

"Yeah no problem. Guys like that are disgusting."

"Damn right! Well that's all I wanted to say, see ya!"

"Wait a sec"

"Hmm? What is it?"

Crap. I don't know why I stopped her. I felt like I wanted to say something but I don't know what.

"Uhh- Nevermind, sorry"

"Oh- uh, okay, bye!"

She walks away. Why did I have the urge to ask her something. I don't know what. Oh well. It's probably best if I don't get in her way. She's actually really good at achieving her normal life despite her powers. I don't think she noticed but she seems different. She may not consider them friends but she's definitely warming up to them. I guess having friends does make you normal. I never really thought about that. For me it's been more of trying not to stand out. But I didn't realise trying not to stand out makes you stand out more.

I don't think she noticed this either though. She probably just thinks she's failing at not standing out. When I first met her it took less than a few minutes before telling me she didn't want anything to do with me.

But she has changed. For the better. Not a lot though. She's got a bit to go.

"Hey Kokomi!" Y/n says.

I'm surprised she's actually gotten close to Teruhashi. I mean she can read her mind so she knows what she's really like so I don't really get it.

"Hi y/n! Have you had fun!"

"I guess yeah! Thanks for bringing me! Um, I actually have a question, do you like Saiki?"

Never mind. She's changed for the worst.

.............................................................

Thank you for reading! I hope you enjoyed! :)