Chapter 32 - saiki pov

The Kyushu trip is finally over, though I can't lie, it wasn't so bad. The only thing is now I need to start figuring out what's going on with my body, and why I'm feeling strange lately. And what y/n has to do with it. I had originally thought it was the Kyushu air, but apparently not because I still feel the same. I should probably test my powers first.

It's the weekend now, and most students a resting from the trip. But here I am in an empty place full of boulders and dry land. It's my general training ground. I start testing out my powers. I feel fine, everything is working normally it seems. Well since my suspicions show though that is has something to do with y/n I should try think about her and see the results then.

Once again my powers seem to act normally, but the first impact seems to be a little shaky, or rather right before I use it. It's a little shaky when I think of her. Strange. Though it could be a coincidence. Maybe I am sick? But I don't know what I could possibly be sick with, or why it has anything to do with y/n. I used pyrokinesis already and it didn't do anything. So if I am sick it didn't burn the virus. I'm so confused. I feel like I've exhausted all possibilities. It can't be helped. It hurts my conscious to do this but I'll have to ask him for help. Since Aiura is at work right now.

I teleport to the temple Toritsuka stays at. I bet his dad kicked him out.

"Hey! Don't just sneak up on me! You don't know what I could be doing!"

"Yes. You seem very busy with that porn magazine. Now put it down I need help"

"Sigh. This better be worth it! What do you want? What's wrong this time?"

"A lot. I stooped low enough I have ask you for help"

"If you want my help you could be nicer!"

"But being nice is so much effort! Anyways. I think I might be sick."

"Sick? I thought you couldn't get sick mr oh so powerful psychic" Toritsuka begins to mock.

"Well I can I just burn the virus, or in general use my powers to get rid of it. But this is different. I've tried many things and I still feel strange"

"Okay? Well can you describe what the supposed sickness is like? Like what are the symptoms?"

"Well that's the thing. It's around a specific person. Or when I think of them. And it's not like I hate them, in fact quite the opposite which is weird. Anyways symptoms. My stomach feels strange and my face gets hot sometimes. I also make irrational decisions, or at least ones that aren't like me. So I guess it affects my mind slightly too since it changes my behaviour. And for some reason it makes my delivery of my powers a little shaky if I think about them...why are you looking at me like that?"

Toritsuka has a dumb grin on his face.

"That's a crush dude! You totally have one! Is it a girl? Gasp Is it y/n!! Bastard I wanted her!!"

"She's not an object idiot! And it can't be a crush. I don't feel romantic feelings"

"No for real dude. Your face feeling hot is you blushing, you're stomach feeling strange is butterflies in your stomach"

"I thought that was just a figure of speech?"

"Shows what you know! It's an actual feeling you know! Anyways you don't have to believe me but it's totally a crush! Still salty it's y/n but I won't get in a psychics way. Why not go to big boobs and have her do a reading for you? It might help" he says picking up his disgusting magazine again. I start walking out, leaving him to his 'hobby'.

I'm surprised he figured out who it was, is it obvious? Either way it can't be a crush. Maybe it has to do with her and I having similar powers. I'll go ask Aiura for help as well like Toritsuka said. Though first I should ask y/n if she's felt anything similar.

I teleport to her room. I've realised I've actually never been here. My heart starts racing for some reason. Another symptom? Whatever. Her room is actually really nice.

"Kusuo! What the hell are you doing here!" She says shocked. She's sitting in her bed, she seems like she was reading a book.

"I just have a small question"

"You couldn't have texted?"

"No. Are you feeling strange recently? Almost like you're sick?"

"I don't get sick Kusuo"

"I know that. I just mean...strange, recently"

"Um, I'm not sure? I don't think so? What are you getting at?"

"That's all I needed. Thanks. Bye."

I feel bad just leaving like that but I was already feeling strange. And she says she doesn't think she felt anything. That's even weirder. Okay I need to talk to Aiura. I hope she's on break.

I manage to find a moment to talk to her.

"What is it Kusuo? Is everything alright? Or were you just worried about me and wanted to visit? Oh how sweet!"

"Nonsense. I have a problem. I've been trying to figure this out. I think I'm sick but that idiot medium thinks it's a crush. Whatever. Can you do a reading to figure out what's wrong with me. If it starts dramatically affecting my powers it could be serious."

"Okay okay calm down. Also you having a crush! I could bet on the that! Y/n right?"

"Well she's part of the problem yes. How did you both figure it out so easily?"

"Hah~ I don't even think I need to use my powers! But I will! Alright. Give me your hand, I need to concentrate!"

I don't know what my hand and concentrating have to do with each other but I guess it's part of her ritual. She closes her eyes and concentrates. She then bursts into laughter.

"Boy you've got it bad! It's totally a crush! You totally like her! That's so crazy, I never thought you'd actually find someone you liked in a romantic way!"

"That can't be right..."

"My powers always are Kusuo! If it helps, your compatibility is 87%, so I think you should totally go for it!"

"Don't you have a crush on me?"

"Yeah but you don't on me, and you're not even my soulmate anymore so who cares! Plus I totally ship you and n/n, you two are adorable!"

"Wait, can't you figure out something else? This can't be right?"

"It's insulting how your doubting my powers Kusuo! My powers are always right and you know it! You can read my mind right now! Now get out, go get your girl! Off you go come on! I have costumers waiting!" She says pushing me out.

I start walking away.

A crush?

That's really not like me. But maybe...

I mean if I did, hypothetically, would it be so bad? She said our compatibility is 87%. But am I really capable of these sorts of feelings? I've never felt in any way romantic. Is it really crush?

I need some time to think...

I teleport to the forest me and y/n had gone to a few times during lunch at school. It's become me and hers unofficial hang out area. It's a good place to think.

Let's see. A crush. Well all I know is from seeing others. Or hearing their thoughts. But I'm not sure how good those examples really are. I guess I do like being around her, and I do like seeing her smile, and her touch feels nice but makes my body a little nervous. I mean recently I've been thinking more and more back to that dance we had the night of Teruhashi's birthday. It's was a good while ago but it feels like yesterday. I enjoyed that actually. She does have similar tastes. And I know her pretty well despite my lack of hearing her thoughts. Which is ironic how well I feel I know her despite that. And she tends to make me smile more than others-

I put my hands over my face roughly.

Crap.

Shit. Oh god. Crap crap crap crap crap!

.
.
.

It's a crush!

............................................................

Thank you for reading! I hope you enjoyed! :)