Chapter 2 - saiki pov

Good grief. Another transfer student. Huh-

I can't read her mind? That's strange. She doesn't look as dumb as Nendo? And why can't I see through her? Everyone looks like flesh to me but she doesn't. Whatever. I'm sure she shouldn't be a threat. She seems pretty boring.

She stands at the front of the class and introduces herself. Immediately peoples thoughts flood to my mind.

Wow, she's cute

What luck, pretty new transfer student

I should introduce myself to her after class

She seems kind of boring

Ughhh, I wish the holidays lasted longer

She's pretty, I should try be her friend!

She might be pretty but not prettier than me, the most perfect pretty girl!

The normal. I'm still curious why I can't read her mind or see through her with x-ray vision though. She's actually quite pretty. Considering she doesn't look like muscle to me. She has h/c hair and e/c eyes. Seems pretty average, seems not to draw too much attention, but from my classmates reactions she still draws people in a bit cause of her looks. Nothing compared to Terihashi however.

Anyways. I'm pretty curious. She sits behind Kaido, poor girl. Now she's being harassed by Kaido's dumb fantasies. While he talks she seems to be looking at me. A normal person would look away if they were caught staring...well I'm not normal. I get this ache in my gut. Like intuitive feeling. What the hell was that? Was it because of this new girl? Something tells me she's not normal. Call it psychic's intuition. I can't use my x-ray vision and I can't read her mind. I should try use psychometry on her. But I don't want to get close.

Class is over, now it's lunch. "Hey saiki!" Great. Teruhashi. She asks me if I want to show y/n around the school. Normally that would be a firm no. But it might be my chance to learn more about why I can't read her. We start walking around the school, Teruhashi showing her around and telling her about the school. I need to find an opportunity to use psychometry. How could I do it naturally? Maybe if-

At that moment y/n trips into me.

"Argh!" Her and I exclaimed in unison.

What the hell was that!? Why did she zap me when we touched. She seemed surprised by it too. Or maybe it wasn't a zap necessarily, but like a sharp pain, feeling almost electric but not quite. I'm not one to feel pain but- ow.

"Oh! I'm so sorry! I'm such a clutz!" Said y/n, then she exchanged a strange look with me. "Oh! Y/n are you okay?" Asked Teruhashi in a concerned voice however her thoughts were far different.

Damn her! She tripped into Saiki! I bet it was on purpose!

Huh- on purpose? If it was on purpose, that might actually prove she's got something she's hiding. She doesn't seem like she'd bump into me in hopes to get close, this whole time she's been giving me the cold shoulder. Which is good. But that begs the question, if she did bump into me on purpose, why?

After we finish going around the school we go to the cafeteria. Argh great. My options are, sit with Nendo, Kaidou, and Kaboyasu. Or stay with y/n and Teruhashi. I can't believe I'm going to say this but I'd much rather sit with Nendo. The attention I'd get sitting next to Teruhashi and the new student- ugh. But I need a moment to talk to y/n. I need to figure out what's going on with her. I must admit, I'm intrigued.

"I'll be right back, I need to go to the ladies room" Teruhashi smiles and excuses herself. Perfect. A moment alone. She's silent. Unlike most people she doesn't seem eager to start a conversation. In fact she's focusing quite intently on me. Actually, more like right over my head. What's she staring at? Whatever. I need to ask her what happened when we touched, I can't make it obvious though. Ugh. Good grief. Why's my life always such a pain? I'll try read her mind again. If I can, I want to know more about what she's thinking. Might make it easier to bring up the shock from earlier.

Damn. Even when I concentrate I can't read her mind. She noticed me staring. I can't be deterred though.

"Get out of my head."

What the!

Did-Did I manage to read her? No. I can't hear anymore of her thoughts. What's going on?
That's it. I'll just ask her. She obviously felt it. "Did you feel the shock as well before when you tripped?"

She looks quite taken a back. Why?

"So you can speak telepathically too?"

.................................................................

Thank you for reading! Hope you enjoyed! :)