Chapter 28 - Saiki pov

Y/n and I 'chat' more and eventually she quiets down and seems to get sleepy, falling asleep on Aiura's shoulder. The two look like close friends already.

I pick up my magazine, I'm hoping that Kyushu has some sweet treat I can try as well. And luckily, there is! Ikinari dango ice cream with Kasutera! What a beast of a name. I have to try it. They only sell four a day? That's even less than last time are you serious? Whatever, I'm here for one reason and that reason is to eat this dessert-

My thoughts are interrupted by the sensation of one of my shoulders becoming heavier. Y/n must have shifted because now her head is on my shoulder as opposed to Aiura's. It's tempting to shove her off but that's just mean. I guess it's not too bad. What is, however, is that Aiura is now awake.

"Huh? Oh that's so cute n/n fell asleep on your shoulder!" Aiura says way too loud for my liking.

"She fell asleep on yours first. Stop being so loud you'll wake her up"

"Awwww, do you like her head on your shoulder?"

"Don't be stupid. It's just easier to deal with only one of you than both of you"

"You're so mean Kusuo!"

"Either way. Don't you still have that stupid crush on me? Why're being all hearts and giggles about y/n's head on me"

"Oh you'll be glad to know that I did another reading on myself! And my soulmate has changed! But I don't want to leave this school cause I actually like it here, so I'll just wait!"

Soulmates can change? I guess under circumstances at a young age it makes sense they may change.

"That was an option this whole time-"

"My crush is still super duper there though! But I guess I can let things slide! Plus you two are toats adorb!"

"Speak properly weirdo"

"Yeah...I'm the weirdo" Aiura says very sarcastically.

"What's that supposed to mean?"

Eventually we finally arrive. Those 2 hours felt way too long. Y/n's head on my shoulder for the last 45 minutes. Why's everyone so sleepy anyways? Who cares, one last bus drive when we'll arrive at the hotel to leave our things.

——————————————

I skipped the second bus scene to save time. It was just me sitting next to Kaido, Kuboyasu and Nendo. You can assume how that went. Everyone way to excited to be here.

We finally arrived at the hotel, left our things and went off in our groups to look around and buy souvenirs and stuff.

"Oh that shop looks nice! Let's go there!" Says Yumehara excitedly.

"Oh yeah it has some cool things!" Y/n responds beginning to head inside with the girls.

The guys are all making a ruckus at some other store. Yeah...I'll stick with the girls.

"N/n help me decide what accessories I should buy to put on my crystal ball!" Says Aiura while looking at an array of stickers and gems and various other decorative things.

"Ooo! Okay! How about the purple and yellow gems! They contrast nicely! Those stickers there are super cute!" Y/n says excitedly.

"You're so right! Thanks n/n!" Aiura says already getting the decorations.

"Look at these cute clothes! What should we get?" Says Teruhashi looking at a clothing rack.

"Y/n come here! I found a shirt I think you'd like!" Yumehara shouts while holding a shirt.

"Let me see!- oh! That's so cute!! How much is it?" Y/n says looking at the shirt looking really pleased.

Their all just having fun. Watching this made me realise just HOW normal y/n seems. It's crazy. No one would know the wiser. Except another psychic of course. I can't believe she didn't show this side of herself before, it would of made it even easier for her. Though her brighter personality has been attracting more attention to her, there are guys outside the store staring at both Teruhashi and Y/n. It's a good thing they're friends because otherwise it wouldn't be a surprise if Teruhashi was jealous of at least annoyed by the other getting attention. Either way they're near each other all the time. She probably just thinks they're looking at her-

Oh! It seems a good bit of those guys are also staring at y/n? Oh well. That's alright. I'm still the most perfect pretty girl! Well...the most pretty girl. Yes. I'll let loose more! That's what Haru said.

Huh? Was that y/n's doing? She managed to chill her out? That's impressive. Even for a psychic.

They finish up buying their nicknacks and eventually we return to the hotel for dinner before taking a bath and going to our rooms. Thankfully it's not going to be eight of us in one room. Their not mixing the groups this time, we have one room per four boys or girls.

The food is good. I kind of feel bad about Mera. Everyone is still being super loud and annoying. Eventually we finally go to our rooms to get ready for the baths.

Once again at the baths Takahashi and his goons brought their perv gear. And once again I have to stop them from looking at the girls with them.

"Are you kidding! These are defective too! I bought new ones just for this trip! Damn it!"

Shut up Takahashi. That's what you get for trying to spy on the girls. The idea of him spying on them really angers me. It disgusts me. Though I suppose y/n probably would've handled it.

"Hehe~ thanks for protecting us Kusuo!"y/n tells me through telepathy from the other side of the baths. Heh.

—————————————

I'm outside the hotel now. I'm not supposed to be but I want to rest. There's a bench sitting in front of the ocean.

"Hey, I didn't know you'd be here too?" Says y/n, startling me a little. It's a little annoying I can't read her mind.

"I'm just trying to relax. What do you want?"

"Wow! Meanie, I just want to relax too!" She says sitting next to be on the bench.

She breaths in closing her eyes and breaths out again.

"Ah~ the air is nice here, and the sound of the ocean is nice!"

She then opens her eyes.

"Plus the night sky is gorgeous!"

"Yeah, you like stars right."

"Of course!" She says then goes quiet for a moment.

"Kusuo, do you want to know the main reason why I've been acting the way I have? Don't respond I'll tell you anyways. During my fake date with Kokomi, we actually had a pretty emotional moment, I told her to let loose a bit and try be herself more. She took it to heart. And I realsied how hypocritical I was being. I was basically telling my best friend that she was being fake while I was doing the same. And I told her that she didn't need to be afraid, when I was. So I wanted to change that. I decided to be myself rather than hide in fear of attention. It's been nice. Now Kokomi is more chill and is trying to be herself more, at least to some extent, and I am too. I guess 'chill' isn't the right word though. Sorry I've been a bit annoying to you though! I know you don't want attention! I guess I do bring it to you so...look, I like being your friend Kusuo so, if it's okay, would you still talk to me even if now I attract more attention? Please!"

Woah- that. Was a lot.

I let out a small chuckle. "Don't worry so much idiot. Yes it's fine. It's not like I have a choice. You're still my friend don't worry"

"Yay! Thank you Kusuo!!" She says wrapping her arms around me. I just sit there letting her. She even became more affectionate.

She's kind of sweet...

............................................................

Thank you for reading! I hope you enjoyed! :)