Chapter 15 - saiki pov

I managed to escape the possibility of speaking with y/n yesterday when getting clothes. But there's just no way I'll be able to escape her now. My mom invited her for 'cooking lessons'. And from my knowledge y/n's mom didn't let her refuse. And my mom didn't let me leave while she's here. I read my moms mind and turns out that was the plan between her and y/n's mom. Sigh. Good grief. What a pain.

Ding dong~

She's here. No escaping it now.

"Ku, can you answer the door! I'm getting stuff ready in the kitchen!"

Are you kidding me. I guess I have no choice.

I open the door for her.

We both just nod at each other and she comes in.

"Hello mrs Saiki! It's nice to see you again! Thanks for having me over!"

Phoney.

"I'm just in the kitchen! There's an apron you can use on the kitchen table for you!"

"Thank you!"

I sit down on the couch. Y/n puts the apron on and ties back her h/c hair back. It's interesting to watch her sometimes. Not to sound creepy, it's just because she's the only person I can't see with x-ray vision. It's nice. Everyone else looks like flesh. I can't look at them for longer than a few seconds before they turn to looking like blood and muscles. So seeing y/n is a good change of pace.

"Oh! I forgot the the eggs! I'll be back, I'll just go quickly buy them!" Says mom, hurriedly getting her purse and shoes on.

"Oh don't worry, I can go get them, it'll be an easy trip for me!" Says y/n trying to be helpful.

"Nonsense, you just stay here! I'll be right back!" Says my mom before leaving.

"Oh- a-alight..." responds y/n despite my mom being out of earshot.

She just continues stirring something my mom was earlier. I guess it's not too bad. We both don't want to talk to each other so we should be fine.

It's quiet now. Just a moment of silence.

I can just watch tv until she's done I gues-

huh?

"Hmm~hmm~"

Y/n is humming. Did she forget I'm here?

The sun is landing on her skin as she calmly stirs a pot while humming sweetly. It looks like she's genuinely enjoying cooking. She looks so...peaceful. It's moments like these that make me realise why she can be quite popular sometimes. Must feel like a curse for her though. Would be for me.

I stay quiet a moment before I let her know she's humming.

"Hey. You forget I'm here or something?"

I know I said I wouldn't talk to her but.

"Oh!- Oh sorry about that! I actually did, I'm not used to not being able to read someone's mind!"

"Do you actually enjoy cooking?"

"Yes actually. I do a LOT of hobbies. I try not use my powers with the hobbies and it just makes me feel more normal I guess. So I ended up picking up many of them. Cooking is just one"

She looks so calm. It seems it really helps her ease up.

I must admit. This is a nice moment. It's quite peaceful. I even have my germanium ring on so my telepathy is blocked. It's just the sound of y/n cooking and earlier her humming.
I decide to read a book instead of watch tv to keep the nice quiet peacefulness. Though it's quickly disrupted by my mother coming home.