Chapter 41 - saiki pov

I feel a kiss on my cheek as I open my eyes to see y/n.

"Good morning Kusuo!~ we need to get ready to leave!"

I see y/n get some stuff ready. How can she look that pretty after just waking up?

We get ready to leave and now we're all in the car. Something feels off. Even with the telepathy cancelling ring. Y/n has her head on my shoulder asleep so I have it on since I don't want to shock her. But I can tell my grandpa is up to something.

"I hope we get to come back soon!" Says my mother.

Yeah. Maybe in a few years.

Just then the car comes to an abrupt stop, waking y/n up. This gives me an opportunity to take my ring off.

You might be back sooner than you think!

"Oh darn, we ran out of gas..." says my grandad. A little too excitedly.

"For real? That's terrible! There's no gas stations around here!" Squeaks out my mom worriedly.

Seriously old man. This is sad.

Hehe! I siphoned the gas before we left! Forgive me Kurumi, Kusuo and y/n. This is my final selfish act.

"What do we do now? If we don't leave now the next train won't leave until dusk and we won't make it home on time!" My mom explains, blissfully unaware of her fathers true intentions.

"What a pickle, even if you walk from here you won't make it on time, I guess it's back for our house!" You sound way to excited old man.

"His acting could use some work" I let y/n know through telepathy.

"What lengths is he going to go?" She asks in response.

"Good question. I don't really want to know the answer. Either way I put the gas can in the trunk before we left since I knew about his little plan."

"Yeah, I figured."

"Hey uh, why don't you check the trunk, it looks like theres a gas can in there, think we could use that?" Y/n says more informatively than her questioning tone.

"What? That's not where I put it?" Says my grandfather, basically outing himself.

"Wait so you knew you had that?" Immediately he's questioned by my mother.

"Well it's for emergencies!" He tries to explain. Emphasis on 'tries'.

After this incident we're on our way.

"But I don't understand. How did you know there was a gas can back there?" My grandmother interrogates.

"Oh I saw it from the-" y/n was about to reply, I'm assuming something reasonable, like seeing it from the back seat. But is then interpreted by my idiot father.

"Well- um- it was just a hunch I guess or not I don't know? But really, who cares about the how or why right?"

I hear y/n sigh. "His acting could use some work too" she says, referring to my earlier comment.

"Yeah, y'know mysterious powers- wait I mean not that! I don't know anything about mysterious powers! Who said anything about mysterious powers?!" My mother shouts out as if she weren't even trying to hide it. The old 'reveal it while trying to cover it up' cliche.

Seeing my grandmothers face you can tell she's even more suspicious now. Great.

"Kusuo. Is this okay? I mean they're bound to find out from that..."

"I don't really mind if they find out. They are my grandparents after all. I don't mind keeping yours a secret though."

"No it's fine, they'd probably find out eventually anyways from your parents"

She's got a point.

My parents were going to tell them about me but Kusuke convinced them not to. Great. I just remembered a nuisance. Come to think of it I don't think y/n has met it him. That's probably for the best.

With that thought, we break suddenly again. Up ahead is blocked by what seems like broken rock and boulders. My grandad is more than happy about it.

"Well that's that. Looks like we have no choice. Sorry, but we have to get back to the house" he says. Try not to sound too happy.

My parents go out to inspect, along side y/n who followed them out.

From outside I hear them talking.

"Kusuo and y/n could move all this, but you've got your parents with you so..." my father speaks.

"What are you doing get back in the car!" The old man shouts out.

I step out of the car and walk over to them.

Much to my grandads dismay.

"Ku?" Asks my mother.

"I think it time" I let them all know with telepathy. Y/n doesn't say anything and nods happily following me. The only non-dramatic person here. Thank you y/n.

My grandmother steps out the car next and confronts my mom about hiding something. To which she comes up with the reason of finding out how my mom apparently hides both her thumbs when she lies but there was definitely more signs than that. After some convincing my mother gives in.

"Alright. Kusuo has psychic powers" my mom says this and I use it as a cue to pick up some rubble with psychokinesis.

"Y/n as well" she says as then it's y/n's turn to demonstrate her powers lifting the remaining rubble. Y/n smiles cheerfully as my grandparents struggle to fathom what they're seeing. Shocked to a point that they're not even making noise anymore.

After this we try explain to my grandparents. This just turns into a strange show and tell where my father lists me and y/n's powers as we demonstrate them. To which my grandfather is forced to take a moment to himself.

He can teleport? Seriously! If he can do that then why haven't they come to visit more often? Wait- if they can read peoples minds, then that means they're hearing my thoughts right now-

"Loud and clear"

"Sorry about that!" Y/n tells him telepathically, smiling gently.

——————————————

We eventually made it home on time. With help of me and y/n's powers of course.

I'm glad they know now. Less stress for no reason. I just hope y/n doesn't mind them knowing. But knowing her she's probably fine with it. I feel like I've gotten to know her more from this.

Y/n and I hang out in my room a bit before she goes home. We're just sitting in my bed, backs to the wall. She's playing a video game on her Mimtendo DS as I read a book. She's also leaning her head on me, a habit she seems to have. I don't mind. (Yes, she has her ring on, just assume one of us does if we're in contact so the poor writer doesn't have to write it in every single time).

"That was surprisingly more fun than I thought Kusuo! Thanks for introducing me to your family- or rather letting them introduce themselves haha~"

"Not much I could've done about it. As long as you enjoyed yourself"

"It was a little awkward, but you're family is really welcoming and loving, you should learn to accept it a little more! They just care about you Kusuo!"

I look to my side, looking down slightly at the girl leaning on me.

I've got you though~

............................................................

Sorry this is a shorter chapter! But I just want to say thank you so much for 100 votes! I didn't think people were actually going to read this ngl, since I started writing it for the hell of it but I'm so appreciative that people are! Thank you so much for votes and comments, it's really motivating!

And as always,

Thank you for reading! I hope you enjoyed! :)