Chapter 47 - saiki pov

Lately people have been acting stranger than usual around me.

"Come on buddy walk home with us! Little nerd says he wants to talk about tomorrow" Says Nendo to which he is then scolded for by Kaido and Kobuyasu.

"Sorry Saiki, we've got plans with just the three of us..." says Kaido quite suspiciously.

I then see Teruhashi, Yumehara and Aiura walking away quite suspiciously too.

Maybe it's some new type of bullying.

"You know what's gotten into them?"

"Yeah I do. But they told me not to tell you. All I can say is I tried to stop them. But everything I said got misinterpreted so I gave up and let them do it. I'm supposed to be the distraction. By the way, pretty sure they've figured out we're dating cause they act like we're together. Oh well, no real fuss will be made if we don't say anything " y/n tells me calmly while packing up her things.

Well that's not great.

"To be fair it's kinda cute, and they're so excited about it I didn't wanna stop them!" She says while getting up about to leave "just go along with it yeah!" She smiles.

It seems those guys stayed behind to plan something that has to do with me.

"You totally wanna go back and listen in don't you? Fine we can go!" Y/n tells me once again calmly while we're walking away from the school.

"So all of a sudden you can read my mind?"

"I wish! But no, I just know you well enough, come on let's go!" she added while she grabbed my hand and lead me to a spot we could teleport easily to the door of the classroom those guys are in.

"At long last, plan: surprise Saiki is kicking off tomorrow!" I hear Kaido cheer excitedly from inside the classroom.

See, they're ganging up on me.

I hear Kaido explain his plan to surprise me for my birthday.

"I can't wait to see the look on his face!" Excitedly shouted out Kaido.

"This. The look on my face will be this."

"Well you don't look particularly pleased..."

Should I get through this by pretending to be surprised?

"Honestly I am pretty surprised..."

"Kaido, I'm impressed how you knew his birthday considering how private he is" questioned Yumehara.

"Yeah, I bumped into his mom the other day, she mentioned it in passing" answers Kaido.

Ah. Got it. Moms the one who got the ball rolling.

"Tomorrow is gonna be such a surprise, because there's no way he's knows that we know his birthday!" Declared Kaido happily.

"Oh I'm surprised...I'm surprised because my birthday isn't tomorrow...it's in August..."

"Yup, I tried to tell them...they didn't listen..." Tells me y/n with an expression of disappointment.

Like I said, tomorrow isn't my birthday, I didn't try to stop them because I didn't think someone would plan a birthday party 3 months in advance. They just prepared a birthday for a middle aged man who barely knows them. So not only do I know about the surprise, they got my birthday wrong. This whole thing is a disaster before it starts. Hopefully they'll realise this and cancel everything. I'd rather this not be my problem.

They talk about the presents they'd got me. Hario made me a wooden buddha statue by hand. I can't exactly return that...

Then Teruhashi, Yumehara and Auira show off their plans for my birthday cake. Which to say the least is quite disturbing. It's my severed head in frosting. Who would wanna eat that?