Chapter 39 - y/n pov

I'm meeting Kusuo's grandparents today. His parents insisted on having me come along. We rode on train for an hour and a half, then took a flight for 2 hours then another train for 2 hours and finally a 45 minute bus trip all to get to a bunch of nothing. But this area is apparently where his grandparents live.

His grandparents don't know about his psychic abilities, let alone mine, which is why we didn't teleport to them.

"What are you doing now honey?" Asks mrs Saiki to mr Saiki, who's seems to be praying.

"Isn't it obvious my love? I'm thanking this land for nurturing you!" He says winking. He gets so smug when charming her. It's kind of cute, though Kusuo seems to hate it haha~

"Oh, I seem to have forgotten my gloves..." man. I knew I forgot something.

"I'll be right back, I'll go get them"

"Oh you don't have- and he's gone..." he has a tendency to do me favours despite my obvious capability to do it myself. I don't mind though. It's sweet.

"This place is really out of the way though, On our way back let's have Kusuo teleport us" says his father. I'd agree but...

"Oh honey, my parents don't know about Ku's powers remember? Besides a long trip can be a good chance for bonding!" I guess she's right, but I'd much rather teleport...

Kusuo then teleports back with my gloves.

"That's true- hey where'd you go?" Asks his father.

"It's cold so I went home to get y/n's gloves"

"You know you're really ruining the mood here!"

We head off to his grandparents house and we're greeted my his grandmother.

"Oh wow Kusuo you've grown so much! And who's this lovely lady you have with you? Is this your girlfriend Kusuo?" Asks his grandmother very excitedly. To which both Kusuo and I blush. We haven't actually told either of our parents yet. Let alone telling grandparents. We both just stay silent.

"Uh hello! I'm l/n y/n, it's nice to meet you mrs Saiki!" I say while bowing. "You look very young? How old are you if you don't mind me asking?" I say coming back up from my bow.

"Oh you're too kind! I'm 60!"

Holy crap-

"60!? You look way younger!" She really does. She looks more like she's in her early 40's.

"You're too kind sweetheart! Come in come in! Honey guess who's here! Its Kurumi and her family! Along with a sweet girl!"

"I'm sorry about him..."

Kusuo's grandfather...

"Hmph. Why'd you come here? Who's this girl?"

Kusuo's grandfather is tsundere. He's cold on the outside but...

My daughter and my grandson are over! And they brought along a sweet looking girl? Is she Kusuo's girlfriend?! Oh! I'm overjoyed!

On the inside it's a whole different story...

"He can be a little difficult"

"Hiya dad! Been a while!"

"Huh! Who the hell are you get lost!"

"Okay. Very difficult..."

I just laugh it off nervously. At least Kusuo isn't this bad-

"Despite what he says, he's been looking forward to your visit for weeks now!" Says Kusuo's grandmother, seeming to embarrass his grandfather.