Chapter 35 - saiki pov

Today is my date with y/n. It's already crazy that I am even doing. Not only is y/n changing, she seems to be changing me too. I don't know how I feel about that. But I guess I'll accept it.

I go out to buy flowers. Why is this something guys are expected to do? I guess it is 'romantic'? I don't know, I'm new to this. This still feels ridiculous to me. But if it'll make her smile then it's okay.

I got the flowers. A small bouquet of f/f. Now I'm at her door...this is why I thought I was sick. I'm getting a strange feeling in my stomach again. I'll admit this makes me feel more human. I guess I'm nervous. For what I have no clue. I see her almost everyday. I knock on the door.

She opens the door and immediately greets me. "Come in! I've already started on the cooking!"

"Here's some flowers. Aiura thought it would be a good idea to get you some."

She takes them gently. "Oh wow thank you! That's so sweet! Their my favourite!" She smiles brightly then takes them leading me into her house. She puts them in a vase.

"My dad is meeting some friends and my mom's at the neighbourhood association meeting, so thankfully they won't try annoy us!"

She's wearing a cute apron. It's frilly around the edges. Her hair is up, she has a clip in her hair. She's pretty. I have to admit.

"Come over here! I'm making the bentos, I think it'll be fun if we make each others, I'm making yours so feel free to make mine! You can put whatever you want in it" she says smiling. She looks like she's having fun.

I decide to put some rice in her bento, I used some seaweed to put a face on it. Girls like that stuff right? I marinated some vegetables and some chicken. I put that in as well. She's done with mine already. She's cutting up some fruit now.

She finishes up with the fruit and we both begin making the cake.

"Alright, so we'll start with the flour and sugar! If you wouldn't mind pouring some into that bowl, I'll get the eggs, milk and vanilla flavouring!" She's really in her element. It's nice to see. I don't mind following her instructions.

She begins to mix the batter, smiling and humming. It reminds me of the time she cooked with my mom. It's nice. She seems so peaceful. The sun coming in through the window landing on her face, highlighting her smooth skin, making her look like she's glowing.

"Do you mind making the whipped cream, I always feel it's nicer if it's whipped freshly, the cream is over there! Just add some sugar when you're done whipping it!" She says as if it were muscle memory for her. Again I follow her instructions. Letting her guide us through the cooking.

She finishes the batter, putting it into a small cake tin and putting it into the oven. I finish whipping the cream then and adding the sugar.

"What now?"

"We wait! The strawberries are already cut! What would you like to do? I don't mind!"

"Not sure."

She sits up on the counter where there's no things in the way. She uses her powers to wash the dishes while she does this.

"We could just chat then!"

"Okay"

She looks at me, as if she's analysing me. She always has that look to her, when she looks at things she always looks like she's observing every detail of it. Absorbing what she's looking at completely.

"So why did you ask me out?"

"Sigh. You know how I was feeling strange? Those idiots came to the conclusion it was because I liked you. I didn't know what else it could be so I decided I should give it a go..."