prank you very much

One evening, Leo and Maeve walked into the lab to see Adam at the cyberdesk.

"Hey! Hey, what are you doing?" Leo asked. "You know you're not supposed to be alone around anything with buttons."

"I'm pranking Chase for April Fools," Adam responded.

"It's November," Maeve said.

"Yeah, exactly. April's when people expect to be pranked. But if I do it today, whammo!" Adam explained. "It's like a baby with a mustache. You don't see it coming."

"So what's the prank?" Leo asked.

Adam laughed. "I rigged Chase's capsule so when he steps in, he'll be showered by 50 gallons of expired milk! Oh, 49 gallons. I needed something for my cereal."

"Adam, don't you think that's kinda mean?" Maeve said.

"Relax, he'll be fine. You're just lucky I didn't go with the idea to dump live spiders on him," said Adam. "That would just be mean to the spiders."

Leo grimaced. "Where did you get 50 gallons of expired milk anyways?"

"Oh, it doesn't come that way. You have to buy 50 gallons of milk and wait," Adam answered.

"I think that might have been the most thought you've put into... well, anything," Maeve said. Leo and Adam nodded.

The doors to the lab opened.

"Oh, here he comes! Act cool!" Adam leaned against the cyberdesk.

"I don't need to act. It's in my blood, baby," said Leo.

Instead of Chase, Bree walked in.

"Let me guess: pranking Chase again?" she asked.

"No." Adam laughed. "Yeah."

Bree scoffed. "Adam, you are so immature."

"Eh, I've been called worse," he said.

"Alright, well, I'm going to bed," Bree said, turning to Maeve. "Wake me up when I'm old enough to move out."

Maeve gave her a thumbs-up as Bree stepped into her capsule. Just as Bree closed the door, she was drenched in a cascade of expired milk. Leo and Adam's jaws dropped. Maeve covered her mouth with her hands in shock.

"Oh, Chase's capsule is the one in the middle!" Adam said.

"What the fuck?!" She exclaimed.

"Sorry, Bree, that was meant for Chase," Adam shrugged. Maeve moved over to help Bree out of her capsule, holding her breath at the stench of the milk.

"I can't believe this, Adam. How could you?" Bree groaned.

"It was an accident. But for the record, I think this might have been one of the best pranks I've ever done!"

"Adam, seriously?" Maeve frowned. "Bree, go shower. I'll make sure Adam cleans up your capsule."

Bree, frustrated, left for the bathroom. While she was gone, Maeve instructed Adam to clean up the mess.

Around half an hour later, Bree returned with wet hair and fresh pajamas. "I cannot get the taste of that milk out of my mouth."

Maeve's face contorted and she motioned for Bree to sit down. She helped Bree comb through her hair, searching for the milk chunks.

As Adam continued sgueegeeing Bree's capsule, Leo sprayed air freshener at her.

Chase walked into the lab and laughed. "Rigged the wrong capsule again, Adam?"