trent gets schooled

Adam, Bree, Maeve, and Leo sat at their table in the cafeteria, eating lunch.

"Greetings, puke puddles!" Perry exclaimed. "Tomorrow is yearbook photo day, and, while I'm not sure why anyone would want a record of this awkward phase of your lives, I'll be your photographer. Oh, and don't blink, cause homie don't do retakes!"

"Well, that settles that," Bree said. "I am so getting my hair done right after school."

"Oh, can you bring me back some clippings off the floor?" Adam asked. "I need them to finish building my Taj Mahair." He reached down and grabbed a replica of the Taj Mahal made solely out of locks of hair.

Maeve's face contorted. "Where did all of that hair come from?!"

"Pets, shower drains, brushes - if you want it, you can get it," Adam answered.

"That is disgusting," said Bree.

"Yeah, well, if you think that's gross, wait until you see Buckinghair Palace," Adam laughed.

Leo rolled his eyes and turned to Bree. "Why are you so concerned about a stupid yearbook photo?"

"I am still trying to live down last year's picture when I wasn't ready for the flash and my eyes glitched," said Bree as Chase approached the table. Bree opened last year's yearbook to reveal a photo of her with large, solid black, alien-looking eyes.

"Bree, your zombie picture was the least of the problems with the yearbook," said Chase. "Perry photobombed every group picture. Drama club, cheerleaders, swim team..."

"No! No, no, no!" Leo grabbed the yearbook and slammed it shut. "None of us need to see that again."

The bell rang. Maeve and her friends left the cafeteria to see some of the football players practicing in the foyer.

"Move thirty-two! Hut! Hut!" One of the boys yelled. He tossed a football to another player, who almost ran into Leo trying to catch it.

"Trent, what are you doing?" Chase said, walking up to the boy who had thrown the football.

"Using football practice as an excuse to knock over innocent bystanders!" Trent grinned. Chase folded his arms.

"But it's not even football season," Leo said.

"True," replied Trent. "But it's always tackling season. Heads up!" He threw the football to Leo. When Leo caught it, the rest of the football players ran screaming to him, pinning him to the ground.

"Let me help you up," said Trent, reaching down to Leo.

"Yeah, right. I'm not falling for that," Leo frowned.

"Oh, don't worry!" Trent smiled. "I'm only being nice cause I need something."

Trent helped Leo up.

"You guys," Trent patted Chase's shoulder, "are gonna help me pass my history test."

"You don't even take history," said Chase. "The only class you have left is physics."

"And since when do you care about taking tests?" Leo added.

"There is a lot about me you don't know. I have many layers. I am very dense," said Trent.

Chase nodded, smiling. "Yes. Yes, you are."

Maeve laughed.

"Look, Perry says I can't fail again," Trent explained.

"Oh, but you can. It's kind of your thing," Chase told him.

"Come on, there's gotta be some kind of trick!" Trent frowned. "Like, what's that thing you do that makes you pass tests?"

"You mean study?" Maeve questioned. Trent turned to her and smirked.