alien gladiators

Adam, Maeve, Bree, and Chase sat in the lab.

"Guys," said Leo, walking into the lab excitedly. "Alien Gladiators are coming to Mission Creek!"

Adam gasped. "I knew this day would come. Thankfully, I'm prepared for an alien invasion." He reached behind a desk and grabbed a tinfoil hat, shoving it onto his head. "Chase, you hold them off while the rest of us who deserve to live escape!"

Adam ran up to Bree, grabbing her off the desk and trying to run out with her.

"No, no, no!" Leo said. "Not real aliens. My favorite sci-fi movie franchise, Alien Gladiators! They host annual fan conventions, and this year, it's in Mission Creek."

"I love Alien Gladiators!" Chase grinned. He donned a narrator voice. "In the future, rival alien worlds - the Morfs and the Zarkanians - will battle over control of the galaxy!"

Leo dramatically gestured along to Chase's monologue. Maeve smiled at Chase's excitement - she didn't care for sci-fi movies, but she liked seeing him happy.

"Oh, I remember that movie," Adam frowned. "It was terrible. The whole thing was blurry."

Bree laughed. "You didn't wear your 3-D glasses."

He shrugged, adjusting his tinfoil hat. "Well, I didn't wanna look stupid."

"I bet the entire cast will be there," Chase said. "I have everybody's autograph, except for the new guy playing Prince Landor in the sequel - Andre Ethier."

"Woah, woah, wait," Bree exclaimed. "As in, baseball superstar Andre Ethier?"

"Since when do you care about baseball?"

Bree scoffed. "I love baseball. You know... with the bases, and... the ball... okay, whatever. Andre Ethier is cute, and if he's there, I'm there."

Maeve laughed. "Why are they coming to Mission Creek? Why not, like, L.A. or somewhere relevant?"

"Beats me, but either way, the convention is going to be awesome," Leo grinned. "They're bringing back the fire staff challenge."

"What's a fire staff?" Adam asked.

"This..." Leo said, stepping over to his desk and grabbing a long, glowing staff, "is a fire staff."

"Looks like a stick with lights," Maeve said.

"It's a fire staff!" He said. "Competitors battle each other with their down fire staffs, and the winner gets a walk-on role in the next movie! And that winner is going to be me."

Leo spun his fire staff, but it hit him in the head and he groaned.

"Greetings, good Morfs," said Donald, walking into the lab. He was wearing a brown cloak and holding a fire staff of his own.

"What are you doing?" Leo frowned.

"Getting ready for the Alien Gladiators convention. I an Elder Lumina. And Elder Lumina will be victorious in the fire staff challenge."

"Look, Elderly Lumina," Leo said. "I hate to get your robe in a bunch, but uh... that role is mine."

Donald laughed dryly. "That's cute. But I've loved these movies my entire life, and winning that role will fulfill my biggest childhood dream, so..."

"I think childhood dreams expire once you hit 40," Leo smirked.

"Oh, alright. Out of the way, micro Morf." Donald started spinning his fire staff expertly, causing Maeve and her friends to back up. "Still think I'm too old to compete?"