Chapter 2

Emilia's POV
I walked into school with my head down. I walked up to my locker. I opened it and a piece of paper fell out. I didn't open it. I just shoved it into the back of my locker. I felt something going through my body. My body started shaking. I heard Devin and his friends laughing. I managed to look behind me. There was a taser against my back.

They never get in trouble. I don't even complain anymore. It never works. At lunch, I sat in my regular seat on the right side of the table. The left side was completely filled. I put all of my things on the table. I used to leave them on the floor but, my things started going missing so, I started keeping them on the table.

I started eating and doing some homework. I heard laughing and looked up. Everyone at Devin's table were laughing at something. He looked at me and I quickly put my head down. My mom started texting me to ask me what, I wanted for my birthday. Every year, I tell her the same thing. What I want for my birthday, is friends. What I want for Christmas, is friends. All I want, is friends. I don't even care if they're fake.

The bell rang and I packed my things. Devin's girlfriend Sally, tripped me. My ankle rolled and I fell. I had a hard time walking the rest of the day. My ankle was swollen. I went to the doctor and got told, it was sprained. They said I could use crutches but, that would mean, someone would have to help me. There's nobody at school, that'll help.

"Actually, mom? Can I just stay home? I should rest right?"

My mom agreed and I got a doctor's note. We went home and I put ice on my ankle.

"The fuck happened to you?"

"Oh, my ankle rolled at school."

My dad didn't say anything else. He just walked away. I dragged myself up to my room. I grabbed my phone, ear buds, and a book. I walked over to my window seat. I put my ear buds in then started playing music. I looked out of the window and saw, Devin wasn't home. I opened the curtains and my windows. I opened my book at started reading.

Someone tapped my shoulder. I looked up. I saw my mom. I paused my music and took my ear buds out.

"Is everything okay? You never like staying home."

Say it.

"Can I do online school?"

"Your father won't like that."

"I don't care."

"Is this about Dev?"

I nodded.

"Sally again?"

"Mhm. It's not like, anyone would miss me."

"I'll talk to your father. Dev and his parents are coming by for dinner."

"Huh?!"

I started crying.

"No! Tell them, I'm sick or something!"

I tried convincing my mom but, it didn't work. My dad ran into my room and started yelling at me.

"YOU ARE GOING TO JUST SIT THERE! GET THE FUCK OUT OF THIS ROOM!"

I hate my life.

When Devin and his family came over, my dad dragged me downstairs. His sister started hugging me.