Chapter One

Draco shot up in bed, after being shock by his mother, who was awaken by the screams of her now twenty year old son. Draco's covered his face for a moment, feeling her hand tuck back the loose, longer hair, behind his ear. "Relax, Draco." She said softly. He noticed she sounded wide awake, his newborn sister, A big surprise to Narcissa and Draco, not so much Lucius, when the muggle 'healer' information Narcissa of her middle aged pregnancy. A little bit of light in the darkness that was lost two years ago. Violet, must of been awake shortly before. After a Shakey breath, Draco relaxed a little, looking at his mother. She wore her nightgown, and her hair still unbrushed, as it was still the middle of the night. "Sister awake?" Draco asked. "She was, but she's back asleep. Do you want to talk about it?" She asked and Draco just shook his head.

Things happened to him during the war, things she didn't know about, things he wouldn't LET her know about because Violet needed her father. Lucius was a different man towards his daughter, and that hurt Draco. Draco had no ideal what made Violet different, but he wouldn't be responsible for his newborn sister loosing him.

Draco just shook his head. "You home tomorrow, aren't you?" Draco asked. "I don't go back to work until the end of July. I rather you not be out this time of night. The papers are just as awful it seems." She said softly. "I'll have my wand, mother. I need to walk, I think." Draco replied and slipped out of bed. "Just please, be careful." She said softly and Draco give her a light smiled, before he grabbed a change of clothes and went to the bathroom to change into something less comfortable then the muggle sleep wear he had been resting in.

Draco stood in the mirror of his small personal bathroom in their home. His hair had grown out a lot in the last two years, that he just finished putting in a braid and rested it on his right shoulder. It was summer, so he was in a simple white T-shirt, and blue jeans. The untalked about scars he didn't want his mother to be aware of, kept hidden all year round by Long pants, no matter the weather. On Draco's left arm, was a bandage. He would hide the remainder of his mark, by it. What was reminding anyway. He had learned of a habit that muggle teens were into and picked it up. Until his mother found out the summer before and put a stop to it by getting him some help. Even in a world the woman didn't understand, she would do anything she could to protect her son. Draco lend down and finished tying his black tennis shoes, before he picked up his wallet. He held his bank card that his own personal money was in form the part time job he picked up, long side his mother's, full time job, at a local store in town. He held a small family picture, a couple days after his sister was born. He only agreed because it meant a lot to his mother. He did love his sister and mother, he wasn't ever sure he could forgive his father for what he done or caused to happened, but...it would keep those memories anyway, the best he could. Draco lastly grabbed the keys to the house and headed for the door.

The time was two in the morning, a oddly uncomfortable hot night in late June. Draco walked down the sidewalk, after a light kiss on the forehead by his mother and another, please be careful, by her. An unusual amount of cars past by him on his walk. Draco wondered why these muggles we're awake at two in the morning, in the middle of the week no less. As soon as Draco thought he learn something about the muggles, something changed. He wanted so badly to be able to know what they done, but it was damn Impossible. Draco just let out a sigh as he continued his walk into town, going to a small corner bar.

Draco opened the door and the little bell on the door let the bartender know somebody either entered or departed. He looked up and greeted the blonde with a light smile. "Welcome to Dusty's, However, the grill is closing." He said as Draco walked over, tucking his hands into his front jean pocket. "No worries. I don't come for the food. Let me get a double vodka, and I walked." Draco said. "Very well." He said, and soon provided Draco with his double shot.

Draco had a shot, and turned around on his stool, overlooking the few gentlemen that still dwelled in the bar at this hour of night. Seemed to be mostly older man, talking in a whisper Draco dough he could hear even being on top of the pair. A middle aged man, about the age of his father. Stood close to the television, watching the light night muggle shown. Draco never got into Television, at least it kept his father busy when he wasn't with his new born sister or his middle aged mother.

"Another?" Ask the bartender. "Single, please." Draco said, without turning around, his attention drawn to a familiar voice, a voice that was full of anger. Draco turned to see the youngest red hair male born of the Weasley clan, just a year older then the youngest of them all, up on his feet, looking down at somebody. Somebody out of Draco's line of sight. Draco frowned. He needed to get out of here. Draco rose to his feet, and had just opened his wallet when he was slammed into by the angry Ronald Weasley.

Draco hit the ground with a small groan. "Watch it!" Ron had spatted out. Draco didn't reply, just hurried to his feet and over to the door. "Malfoy?" Said another voice, a half tear eyed voiced of Ron's female partner, Hermione Granger. Draco didn't address her, simply turned his attention to the bartender. "I'll pay you, later. I have to go." Draco said, and was out the door, without a look back to the pair he had just seen in that bar.