CHAPTER 1: WALL ROSE

NADIA'S POV

It was 840 and I was 7 on that year, living in Wall Rose area is quite peaceful for me on that time. My Papa still on his military work, busy with his protecting the wall duty.

It was also weekend and people in the Wall Rose were quite busy with their business. Selling pastries, vegetables and what so ever. I was running while holding empty basket after sending baked breads to the bakery. Actually, I was running to find my Papa.

Seriously, it was so packed with people who were residents of Wall Rose, including foreigners who came to Wall Rose for business purposes. I shouldn't be worried as my siblings were under Mama's care right after school times.

"Papa!" I was running towards as I can see him from far away. He answered my call for his name. "Nadia! My little Viking girl!" he came forward to me and hugged me tightly. "So, how was your weekend going?" he asked me. "Well, quite great and I also sent the breads to the bakery," I also answered by stating my little duty on weekends. "Good job, honey," he ruffles my hair and I smiled.

"C'mon, while it's weekend today, Would you like to follow me for my weekend duty?" Papa held my hand, hearing his offer to follow him on his work makes my eyes widen. "Sure then, why not?" I smiled again brightly.

While we were walking at the alley. The surrounding were quite crowded. I saw Papa's colleagues were busy for their duty and some of them on the way from their offices.

Suddenly, Papa stopped when his name was being called by someone.

"Section Commander Joakim?" It's a woman's voice who's in Survey Corps uniform.

"Nadia, these are my colleagues, Corporal Floor Jansen and Corporal Sharon Den Adel. You can call them Aunt Floor and Aunt Sharon." Papa introduce these young women to me.

"Aww, your daughter is really cute! I didn't expect that you have your own beautiful and docile daughter," Aunt Sharon creasing my puffy face, maybe it's because my chubby cheeks.

"It's nice to meet you, Nadia. Maybe you just like your father." Aunt Floor do the same.

"Hey Section Commander Joakim, If I don't mind you, would you like me to bring your daughter to the office? You're going to be late if you stay here longer." Aunt Floor asked permission to my Papa to brought me to the office for a while. "Ah sure, why not? Nadia, you should follow Aunt Floor to stay at the office, ok? I'm going to be late for my duty,"

I held Aunt Floor's hand and she led me way to the office which I only sit on the chair, observing the officers moving around the office. A really quite busy weekend for the military officers.

Suddenly, I heard voices of the cadets who were trained by the instructors. Without hesitate, I had to get down from the chair and checking out about those voices.

Suddenly, I accidentally got bumped by one of the officers. I rubbed my head in pain after being bumped. "I'm really sorry... I didn't mean to hit on you..."

He looked at me with concerned, "Hmm, you must be Section Commander Joakim's daughter, don't you? Your father did told me about you. Can't believe that you're just petite fearless girl, like your father," said that blonde military officer.

"Huh? You know my Papa? By the way, what's your name?" I was clueless although I know that he worked with my dad.

"My name is Section Commander Erwin Smith. Don't worry, you still too young for this. One day when the time comes, you can join the army if you want. In that case, you can just call me Uncle Erwin as I'm your father's best friend," said Uncle Erwin while pat my head.