CHAPTER 24: FATHER & DAUGHTER DUTIES

COMMANDER JOAKIM'S POV

My daughter didn't have a good mood right now. After we visited Sasha's grave, she just still held the photo during our time in Marley.

When we visited Sasha's grave, I have a talk with Sasha's grave to give a condolences to her. Her father really understand how we feel. Even Niccolo too visited her.

I heard the door knocked and I told them to enter, "Come in,"

As the door opened, it was my youngest daughter, Petra and her friend. Both of them are in Garrison regiment.

"Papa, you want to see me?" said Petra.

"Yeah, I call you here and you're her friend, right? What's your name?" I said and I also asked for her friend's name.

"My name's Jadwiga. Jadwiga Jankowska. I'm Stanislaw's you ger sister and Wladyslaw's daughter. You can call me as Hedy if you want," said Jadwiga.

"Nice to meet you, Jadwiga. Anyway, I got informed that your brother got injured during the battle in Liberio city. For this time, he needs to be treated in the infirmary room," I said to Jadwiga.

"I see. Seems that I need to look after him until he recovered. I really worried about him,"said Jadwiga.

"Anyway, Petra. Does Nadia still sulking again?" I asked her.

"Mmm hmm, Nee-san said she needs her time to manage her emotions but she said she would follow Hange to look after Eren while he was locked in the cell," said Petra.

"Also, Petra and I also had to investigate and asked those kids who killed Sasha. They didn't give any specific answer but... only call us as 'the filthy unforgivable devils', especially to that short brunette girl. Those kids need to teach some lessons to that unforgivable crime!" Jadwiga continue her explanation with her unsatisfied expression.

"Hmm, understand. Seems that we need to lock them in a cell for a while. I think they're not just ordinary kids, but more to trained young soldiers. I'll tell to them. You may go now," I said to these girls and they left the room.

I had to go to check on the underground to ask those Marleyan soldier kids after they refused to give the answers.

NADIA'S POV

I had to follow Hange because she told me so. To check on Eren. Eren is becoming not only cold but also aggressive.

"Fight.... Fight.... Fight....." he spoke to himself while he's in front of the mirror.

"What are you doing?" Hange asked. His eyes roled to us.

"Are you talking to yourself, Eren?" I ask him. He didn't respond to my question.

"You said 'fight, fight', weren't you?" she asked him.

"I want to ask you the same question. You really said 'fight, fight', right?" I asked him with full concern.

"Fight, fight. What are you fighting with?" Hange tried to provoke him with that same word come out from his mouth.

"Well, you really said the same word for twice, so that means there are actually two rounds?" I continue to ask him. Still, he didn't respond.

"We won't understand if you don't tell me. I don't think a person would normally talk to himself like that," said Hange.

"Hmm, indeed. I have never once spoken to myself in front of the mirror,you know," I said to him.

"Anyway, I find that hairstyle looks good to you. It looks unkempt, but it's as if you tried your best to make it look that way," said Hange while she do the hair tying movement.