CHAPTER 36: NEW LIFE BEYOND THE WALLS

NADIA'S POV

I think I started to made up my mind that I wanted to leave the Paradis Island for good. With this, I will try to forget the nightmare I have endured for good.

In the meantime, it's really sad that this island has a lot of memories in my life. How my life started until the day I joined the 102nd Cadet Corps to Survey Corps. Also not forget our battles and defense against Titans including our operation to protect those walls.

This place also which also the place where I have friends and family. The original Levi Squad and our previous comrades. This place was a haven to me.

Since the walls were fallen to the ground, the island has started to change with their better freedom but not for me.

Why? Since I betray the island to join Levi Squad to stop Eren, I'm no longer known as Paradis Island citizen anymore.

I thought this is the best that I could do. Before that, I need to ask permission to Queen Historia if she allow me or not.

As I arrived in front of her office, I knocked the door and she told me to come in.

As I opened the door, she is staring at the window and she welcome me to her office. "Have a seat, Nadia,"

I sit on her office chair, "Is there anything you want to talk to me?" she asked me.

"Yeah, I do have something that I want to talk to you about," I said to her.

"Go on, I'm ready to listen," she said.

"Your Majesty, I think I made my decision that.... I want to start a new life outside this Paradis Island," as I explained my true explanation, her eyes widened as she shocked with my decision.

"Why? Why are you decided to leave this island? Did you do anything unforgivable?" she asked me.

I kneel in front of her and feel guilty for what I've done, "Yes, indeed that I did something wrong to you. Something that... I actually betray your nation to save the humanity.... 3 years ago when Eren started his rampage outside the walls, we had no choice but to stop him from wiping out against the innocent people out there...,"

She heard my explanation and I keep continue while crying, "I know you might not like this, even I hated Eren since turned against us, we were being fooled by him. Everything he said made me outrage. I can't even forgive as he killed Papa. Even after his death, I'll never forgive Eren for killing my Papa. I don't deserve to become your assistant or a loyal friend despite for what I'd done. If you want to punish me because of that, do it. I'll be rather die as your traitor,"

She heard the whole of what I said, "No, it's not like that, Nadia. Did you remember what you said to me that every human did their mistakes? You did but I can't simply blame for what you did. I would never execute my close friend like that. I understand your pain. You deserve the second chance for your life,"

I was shocked for what she said while I still kneel in front of her. She knows my pain and she also sympathize to me. I have served long enough as her personal assistant since I resigned from Survey Corps regiment.

"Don't you forget that you resigned from Survey Corps right after the war? That means you are free to continue your new life after military. It's up to you if you want to decide it or not," she said.

"I got a strong answer now and maybe you're right, I can start my new life after resigned from Survey Corps," I said.

"Seems that you got the right answer. Finally you decided your right choice," she smiled.

"Now you are set yourself free from your burdens of your past in military. You have been gone through this far and I really respect your endless fight for your family. You, who has the blood of Viking warrior and follow your father's footsteps is now a notorious female soldier I ever have. You are also the best partner I ever have," she said.