CHAPTER 30: GOODBYE, PAPA...

COMMANDER JOAKIM'S POV

All on what I see from the Rumbling when Eren already started from Wall Maria is hard to describe. The walls fell which revealing Titans within and began to march outside Paradis Island.

Only what I thought victims of war couldn't escape from this enormous scale of genocide. Women and children and even men were helpless, trying to escape to everywhere but there's no way that they could hide.

The Titan's Rumbling march is so inevitable which could trampled the whole land. They were so hopeless. Only could pray to God to seek help. But it was too late for them. It feels like the Rumbling could happened as fast as lightning and could reach to Marley.

This so-called "doomsday" really wiped out the humanity and even cleansing the people outside Paradis mercilessly. Could this nightmare of humanity end with our will to save them? The world is burning with hatred and revenge. It feels like the end to their lives.

The question keep playing in my head. Which one I should pick? Humanity or freedom?

As I write this in my journal, I started to think what's the price for the humanity? Eren's totally sacrifice it for freedom as the world against him just because the race.

If this war could be the last for me, I'll be ready to sacrifice myself to save them. Even my family too. I've seen too much the death of my comrades due to this endless nightmares of Titan's violence. Even if I died in this battle, I want my kids to follow my legacy and always remember what I've done for them.

I could rubbed my head as I was i confused and frustrated. Suddenly, I heard the door knocked as this might sound disturbing.

"Papa?" It's my daughter who knocked the door.

"Yes, Nadia?" I ask her.

"Am I disturbed you?" she continued to ask me.

"No, you're not. Come, sit down," I told to sit near to me. She sit.

"Where's Audie and Petra? Are they doing fine?" she ask me.

"Well, Petra still gazing outside. Audie still comfort her crying," I answered her question.

"How's your injuries? Getting better now?" I ask about her health condition.

"Mmm hmm, getting better and my injuries started to heal. You look so worried, but this time you look so frustrated," she nodded and she realized how am I going.

"Yeah, I never expect that this war would kill even more than we expected. I'm really worried about those victims of war. This genocide really kills the humanity, making them nowhere to hide. I just can't seeing them crying in despair, thought they're going to die due to that Rumbling," I explained to her.

"You might see me as a prime example. You always how I always fight for our safety and justice. Maybe I sound like friendly and funny to you just how I close to Uncle Erwin, but what you don't know that I'm not that kind "good person". I kill so much the enemies to protect you and friends. But I also failed to protect our family, if I could turn back time that Mama didn't die because of murder, maybe Petra still have a younger brother," I continue.

"Papa, I know I understand how you felt. Maybe I am really like you. I made my choice to betray our nation so we can save the humanity outside our nation. Sometimes I also have haunted imagery on seeing comrades dying right before my eyes, especially during almost the whole Levi Squad being murdered. I had enough on seeing them dying in brutal ways. I could even cry like a crazy person and beg to them to not die in front of me. Although I really hate Eren and the nation, but our family will never betray our ancestry so that our legacy will live on for our future generations," she said to me.