CHAPTER 29: TAINTED PROMISE

NADIA'S POV

We have to stop for a while inside the forest at night. We set up a camp before we could go for the attack.

Hange would make stew for us. We could only stare at her on cooking stew.

"Can somebody help me? Or maybe stop staring at each other like that" Hange asked if someone of us need a hand to help her.

"Don't worry, Hange. We both will help you," said Aunt Sharon with Aunt Floor. Hange thank to both of them.

"So you want us to eat together after all the time we spent killing each other? It's quite curious," said Magath.

"You know what, Magath? There's no use if we just always killing each other although we're in different mindsets and ideologies. Cuz we're now on the same boat in this war," Papa said to Magath.

"What actually changed your mind? If you just let Eren Jaeger be, you'll attain the world you wished for. A Paradise for island devils. We were so close to stop Eren and Zeke coming into contact. Had it not been for you guys helping them," Magath continued.

"Unfortunately, they turned against us to wipe out your homeland by themselves. They betray us for the worst. Once a traitor, once couldn't be forgiven," Papa continue to say to Magath.

"Like I explained, General. None of us wished for the genocide. Otherwise, we wouldn't be hiding here in the forest and make a stew," Hange explained.

"So, you're saying you finally see whose side justice is on?" Magath continued.

"Justice? Did you just talk about justice?" Jean was clueless.

"What do you mean, Magath?" Papa wanted to know the answer.

"You're saying that we're all the bad guys for fighting back against the Titans you people keep sending?" Jean angered as he pointed his finger to Magath

"Listen, we fought as hard as we did because we didn't want to be eaten alive by Titans! And you're saying tjat something only a devil would do, you old geezer?!" Jean continued.

Magath continued to drink and said, "Yeah, you look like devils to me,"

I just snorted on what he said and even laughed. "What a fucking joke, Magath! That's how Marley saw us a fucking devils but in the end, we're all just humans. Just because you have your heart, tainted with hatred feelings and revenge, you will never understand on how true humans like us feels like. Fucking old bastard!"

He just doesn't give a damn on my joke. "All our fears about the threats of Paradis have come true and the world's on brink of destruction. This is, the result of all your struggle, isn't that right?" he continued.

"You better listen up, you old fucker! If he hadn't watch his mother being eaten alive when the wall was breached, Eren would never have done anything like this! You people left him with no fucking choice but to use the Rumbling as a solution!" Audie step forward in front of Magath and scold to him.

"Oh, so now you want to talk about history? You should at least understand that Eldia was the first to devastate Marley and put our people through the hell" said Magath.

"How long are you going to play victim on us over something happened around 2000 years ago?!" I ask him as I put my hands around my waist.

"Good grief, it's like I'm talking to a child. You think nonsense like that holds up in the face of two thousand years of real history," Magath continued.

"What did you say?" Jean can't lie that he heard on what Magath said.

It went silence as Magath doesn't give any answer and Hange, Aunt Floor and Aunt Sharon finished on cooking the stew.