CHAPTER 20: ENEMIES BEYOND THE SEA

NADIA'S POV

Uncle Erwin's death really gives a huge impact for me. I really losing my mentor on that day. Only what left from him is the books he gave to me during my birthday few months ago. He actually gave his old book to me, and now it's his memento for me.

I also had to keep Uncle Erwin's diary on my own care. I know he would allow it although he's gone. He really taught me about war strategies and I learn a lot from him besides Papa. It's the only memory I have with him when he was alive.

I keep on reading on his books in his office and suddenly I heard the door opened and Papa and Hange just entered to see after me.

"Nadia, do we actually disturbing you?" Hange asked me when seeing my unhappy face while reading his books.

"Nadia? Are you still reading his books?" Papa asked me and I just nodded on his question.

"Nadia, I know we all miss Uncle Erwin. He was really precious for us but we had to give the serum to Armin because we know that we have no choice for saving his life," Papa came closer to me and sat in front of the desk.

"Papa, I still remember when I met Uncle Erwin for the first time when I was a kid. He saw me as a beacon of hope and he knew that I have so much potential to become like him. Now, even after his death, I decided to continue his legacy to become fearless like him and at least Armin has his intelligence like Uncle Erwin," I said to Papa.

"Uncle Erwin was right and he never lied about that. I think he chose the right person like you just because I'm his best friend. I know you also close to him like his niece. I understand how much pain you have going through," Papa continued.

"First, I lost my Levi Squad comrades and then Uncle Hannes, and now Uncle Erwin. One by one, I lose the people who I love. I risk my life for them and now, they paid the price of their dear lives," I couldn't hold on my tears.

"Nadia, I know it's really hard to describe about this. At least I'm here no matter what. Your siblings too. It's not your fault to blame on this. You did your right thing and you can't blame on yourself for their deaths. They died with honor and died as heroes. Let them rest well in heaven, ok?" Papa hugged me to comfort me in distress.

"Nadia, we all miss him but we had to give up on saving his life. At least, that's what Eren and Mikasa wanted us to save Armin's life. We have to accept the fate that we face," said Hange while she also hugging me.

"Stop crying, ok? It's no good if fearless soldier like you always crying," said Papa while wiping my tears with his finger.

"How's Eren and Mikasa now? Are they still locked inside the cell?" I asked him.

"Well, both of them still locked up. Only Armin remains on our side and Sasha need to be treated from her injuries ," said Hange.

Suddenly, I heard the door knocked and it's Levi who suddenly approached in front of the door. "Hey three of you, better hurry up. The Queen wants to see you."

We left Uncle Erwin's office and get ready to meet Queen Historia. We knocked the door and entered. We bowed to the Queen. "Your Majesty,"

"You may sit down," she proceeded to us to sit. The Queen still gazing at the window.

I cleared my throat and tell something to her, "Your Majesty, about the letter. Ymir also send regards to you. I didn't know how she reacted if she know you as a Queen right now,"

"It's alright, Nadia. It's not your fault. You did the best so far," said Queen Historia.

She would read the letter from Ymir which Reiner actually brought along to send to us. As she touches the letter, she feels something strange.