CHAPTER 4: THE LEVI SQUAD

COMMANDER JOAKIM'S POV

Keith told me about Nadia's satisfying achievement on her early days with other cadets. I know that she can do it better than others.

Sometimes he had to be strict with my daughter because he wants to makes my daughter to become serious and responsible. He also said that my daughter should be an example to others. Yes, as she should at the slightest.

At one moment, it came to my mind like how I was enlist in the military when I was about Nadia's age. Tough military exercise and harsh trainings. I tried so hard no matter how many times I fell on the ground because of my failure, but at the end I made it with my best efforts.

Since the first day in the military, Me, Erwin and Keith used to best buddies as we once stayed in the same bed at the boys dorm. As for now, three of us have our own roles in Survey Corps.

For now, I'm so busy on checking some important documents in my office. Signing the documents and look after the new cadets profile. I also being assisted with my partner, Section Commander Pär.

Suddenly, the door was knocked and maybe someone's has something urgent business with me. "Come in! The door is not locked." I called so that person would enter my room.

As the door knob being open, it was my junior, Captain Levi Ackerman came in for urgent business. "Ah Levi, it's you! Come and sit," I welcomed him and pointed my hand to the chair. He sat.

His chill and speechless face as well might have something to tell. "So, how's Erwin doing right now?" I asked him.

"Erwin is still looking after our injured comrades and he's going to restructure new plan for our next defense against the Titans," Levi explained about it.

"Hmm, I see. I hope he will find new alternatives to our next charge to fight the Titans," I hope Erwin could help us to make our attack against those Titans more capable.

"If I don't mind, there might be some reasons that we actually hired the new cadets, right?" I asked him again.

"Hmm, naturally. I only want to pick the best and fearless cadets for my own squad. For now, I have Farlan and Isabel for my newly formed squad. I have no problem if it's involving you," Levi continued.

"I also forget to tell you that I actually have a daughter who's just enlist for 102nd Cadet Corps. I was surprised when I see her result is really... satisfying, according to what Keith just said," I explained to him while listening to my words.

I could understand his face reaction and he seems to be interested about my daughter. He also knew that my daughter is just no ordinary soldier.

"My only hope that if she successfully listed in Top 10, she would be interested to join your squad. She might like that offer," I continued.

"Well, we'll see about that. I find that she has high potential in this military," said Levi while holding a cup of tea. I hoped on Levi so he could assist her.

"Oh, about the real battle simulation, you're about to assist the junior cadets?" I asked him

"No worries, Joakim. I know how I will handle on them. That's my job," said him again. "Also, I promise that I will look after your daughter in my squad," he turned his head, looked at me and heading out from my office for his next duty.

"Joakim, are you sure that he will do his nut job to look after her?" Pär asked me.

"Don't worry, dude. He always stick to his promise if she succeeded to the Survey Corps." I convinced him to always to trust on Levi's promise.