CHAPTER 8: THE 104TH CADET CORPS

COMMANDER JOAKIM'S POV

It's been 2 years since my daughter joined the Survey Corps and she turns 17 right after her birthday.

In the meantime, it's the perfect time for my son, Audie to join me and my daughter. He's now ready for his first day for 104th Cadet Corps and I actually feel excited for my son's orientation day.

As usual, Keith would monitor the new cadets and most of the cadets are around Audie's age and maybe around Nadia's age.

I had to check on Levi Squad to always assist and looking for the new cadets of 104th Cadet Corps. Nadia especially had to look after her brother.

Nadia is getting comfortable with Levi Squad for 2 years straight. She's also know to be responsible and committed with other members.

"Nadia, I can't believe that it's been 2 years since you joined the Levi Squad.
And I almost forgot to wish a happy belated birthday to my beautiful daughter," i spoke to my daughter because I know she was busy with her duty and I also wanted to spend time with my little Viking girl.

"Thank you, Papa. I know I'm busy here but sometimes my comrades really care about me like their own sister in the family. They also wish me birthday yesterday," she said to me.

"You know what, darling? I actually have a little gift for you for your birthday. As I know that you got new horse for your birthday from your Levi Squad members," I wanted to give some surprise to her.

"What is it, Papa?" she was being clueless,

"Alright, close your eyes," I gave a simple order to her and she closed her eyes.

I put the letter on her hand, "Ok, you can open your eyes now," I told her to open her eyes,

"A letter?" she questioned and instantly open the letter.

"A letter from Audie?" she was surprised. "Yeah, he hasn't heard anything from you for about 2 years. Sometimes he worried about you and felt lonely while had to take care of Petra and guess what? He's here now to join the 104th Cadets Corps," I explained.

"Oh my gosh, really?!" Her reaction means everything to her. She then read the letter:

Dear big sis,

   How are you doing now? I actually felt a little bit lonely here. I really miss you since the day you join the Survey Corps. Now, I see why you want to continue Papa's footsteps. So I follow you with no hesitate.

  Hey sis, you know what? Since the day when Wall Maria was being attacked, I realized that I have to join the military. I'm tired for being a freak guy actually.

The reason why I join the army is because I want to prove myself that I can be fearless like you and Papa. We know that Papa is well known for being Commander of Survey Corps. He's going to be proud as I join the military.

Today, I would join the 104th Cadet Corps today as other new cadets also join the army. At least if I don't know something, you can teach me something so you can help me.

Lastly, I will do my best for us and prove to Papa that I'm being a manly young soldier than he expected. Wish me the best, big sis!

Your younger brother, Audie

She smiled as she read his letter. "Audie..." She understands how harsh Audie would go through in this.

"So, should we have to go to see Audie?"I asked her if she wanted to see him. "Well, sure. I'll never abandon him as a big sis. I need to get Fabian for a ride," she said.