CHAPTER 35: THE UNFORGIVABLE TRAUMA

NADIA'S POV

Not forget that I often visit the memorial of the fallen Survey Corps soldiers which I couldn't forget about him even after his death.

You see, his name was written on the memorial plaque. Not only him, but also Uncle Erwin, Hange, the previous Levi Squad, Sasha and also Papa's comrades.

You might asked why is that memorial located outside Paradis Island? Because only remaining of surviving Survey Corps soldiers like me and other Levi Squad requested that memorial should be built to honor for their sacrifice. It's actually a year after the Battle of Heaven and Earth we were requested that memorial should be built.

If this memorial were not built,maybe their names might be forgotten and the future generations might never know about the history of them.

I keep thinking about him for 3 years after his death. I often bringing him a bouquet of poppy flowers and white roses for him.

This war monument is so special to us. It portrays Uncle Erwin as he tilted his head down while placing the sword vertically to the ground. Below it, there a golden logo of Survey Corps and it's written 'THE FALLEN SURVEY CORPS SOLDIERS: FOR THOSE WHO DEDICATED THEIR HEARTS IN THE BATTLEFIELD & BEYOND THE SEA UNTIL THEIR LAST DYING BREATH. LEST WE FORGET' under the logo.

Around the monument, there are half Stonehenge-like memorial plaques placing around and each of the plaques were written the names of the fallen soldiers.

For Uncle Erwin, Uncle Keith, Hange, former Levi Squad members and Papa, their names were written on the very first memorial plaque. Papa's name is under Uncle Keith and Uncle Erwin's Name.

Then, I would walk in front of the Survey Corps soldiers grave and I stand in front of Papa's gravestone. I really have a lot of talk to him after his death.

"Hi Papa, it's me, your beloved daughter Nadia. Sorry that I'm quite late for today. It's been 3 years since you gone from this world. Well, the world is become peace again after years of hatred conflict. If only you could stay with me until the end of war, then we could live a happy life after the war," I have a long chat to him.

My tears couldn't hold on as it keeps rolling down from my cheeks. "Papa, your death keeps haunting my mind every day and night. I can't sleep well and my life is dark since you're gone. I feel like I lost the part of my life. Papa, you are the part of my life and I really have a lot of things to talk to you...Papa...."

"Papa, I did kill Eren to avenge your death. You must be very proud of me including Audie and Petra in the haven. Papa, thank you for everything. Thank you to teach me become a strong person like you. Thank you for the history lesson that you taught me when I was young. Also thank you to teach me to become a great team leader like you.... Till we meet again in Valhalla, Papa..." before I leave his grave, I kiss the gravestone and walk away from his grave

For these names for the high rank officers. I placed the bouquet of poppy flowers in front of the memorial plaque. Sansa also coming for the Remembrance Day. She has a lot of things to tell about me.

"You father was an amazing person. Before his death, he talked to me about you. He also talked about his last wish that you can take over his role after his death. I also talk to him that I actually agree on what he said," said Sansa as we both have a conversation in front of the war memorial.

"What do you mean, Sansa? What's his last wish to me actually?" I asked her.

"Did you know that everytime I see your fearless action in combat reminded me of the story of the legendary female Viking warrior? Her name was Lagertha and she was Ragnar Lothbrok's wife. Her husband was a legendary Viking warrior too. Lagertha was known for her leadership to Viking soldiers after her husband's death and she also known as the legendary Viking shield maiden. She could be your distant Viking ancestor," she explained to me.