Chapter 22

You stood outside a house you've never been to before. You pulled out your phone and facetimed Jenna. It rang for a little bit before she answered.

"Hello?" Jenna asked tiredly. She rubbed her eyes, not opening them fully to look at her bright screen.

"Are you asleep? It's noon."

"Why are you calling me so early? Wait, are you outside?"

You turned the camera around to show Jenna her house. She jumped out of bed and sprinted outside. She was only in her socks and a long shirt when you saw her open the door. She threw herself into your arms, wrapping her legs around your waist tightly hugging you with a dorky smile on her face like a child.

"What are you doing here? Oh my god."

You were laughing as you put her back down. "Surprise."

Jenna wrapped you in another hug fully surprised. "I can't believe you're here."

"I'm really happy this is your house or that would've been awkward."

"Let's go inside." Jenna grabbed your hand and pulled you through the front door.

"My question is why were you sleeping in until twelve?"

"I was out last night with my siblings. You have to meet them." Jenna looked down at your other hand that was empty. "Where's your stuff?"

"Oh, it's at the inn I'm staying at."

She looked at you confused. "Why are you staying at an inn?"

You looked at her equally confused. "Because I need a place to sleep?"

"I have a guest bedroom. You should stay here."

"I was not going to show up here as a surprise then command a room. It's too late anyway. Already paid for it."

Somebody opened the door and walked in. She had a paper bag in her hands. She walked past both of you and into the kitchen. You were trying not to laugh at this random stranger.

"Uh Aliyah." Jenna waved her hand to get her sisters attention.

Aliyah looked up with half a cookie hanging out her mouth. She grabbed the cookie and put it down. "Hi"

"Aliyah, this is Stella. Stella, this is Aliyah."

Aliyah pointed at you but was looking at Jenna. "Is this... you know?"

Jenna walked quickly to her sister with warning eyes. "Yep. Yep. Stella. Just Stella."

Aliyah pushed Jenna out of her way and walked up to you. She put a hand out. "Pleased to finally meet you, just Stella."

You shook her hand with a soft laugh. "Nice to meet you Aliyah.

Aliyah smiled back at you. "How long are you planning to stay."

This question seemed to peak Jenna's interest as well. She stopped looking inside the paper bag Aliyah had with her to look at you.

"Just a few days. Not that long."

Jenna tried to hide her disappointment by looking back down inside the paper bag. She was trying not to get her hopes up about anything.

"We're going to our family's home soon, will you be joining us?"

You looked at Jenna not sure if this was an adequate invitation since it was from her sister and not from her. She was too busy tearing up Aliyah's food to notice.

"Uh, maybe."

Aliyah turned her head around to get her sister's attention. "Jenna, tell her to come tonight. And get out of my food." Aliyah walked to the kitchen and smacked Jenna's hand.