chapter 40

"Tomorrow is the end of your tour. It's the big premiere night. What is the process like before you're all glammed up?" A shy interviewer asks from across you.

"Let me tell you. Tonight I will do an entire skincare routine. I will not be showing up with pimples on my face. Lotion. Lotion. Lotion." Emma clapped her hands each time she repeated the word lotion. "No flakes. Thanks."

"You're going to have to show me this skincare routine." You laughed as Emma started to go into more detail about her process.

"Do any of you have dates for tomorrow? Jenna, there was a rumour that you were bringing your ex-girlfriend Delilah. Is this true? Did you two get back together?" The interviewer asked.

Your ears perked up at the mention of Delilah's name. This was the first you've heard about it. Jenna never mentioned bringing a date to the premiere.

She shyly laughed. "No, but Delilah will be there. It'll be great to see her again."

"Stella? Emma?"

"My girlfriend Jada will be there with me." Emma smirked thinking about Jada. She was a model who was planning to fly in tomorrow.

"You'll just have to wait and see tomorrow." You winked at the interviewer. Olive was supposed to be your date but she has a wedding to attend. It's a really big client for her.

"My money is on Timothée Chalamet. You two seem to be very friendly. Thank you for your time." The interviewer shook everyone's hands before leaving the room.

Emma's professional smile dropped as she slouched in her seat. "We only have two more to go."

You put your head on her shoulder, tired as you've been nonstop quizzed the past few days. "And they'll be more fun than these hotel conference room interviews."

"How did you know Delilah was coming tomorrow?" Emma slightly moved her head to look at Jenna, but not enough to disturb you.

"Oh, we still chat here and there."

You kept your eyes trained on the ground pretending to not be interested in the conversation. Emma tried to take a peek at your face, but your hair was covering you.

"Is she bringing anyone?"

"Not that I know of. But she's been doing really well since filming. Going from an extra to acting in a tv show. Happy for her."

"You could text her and tell her you'll be her date. Ow!" Emma jerked her leg away after you pinched her, but she crossed her legs and acted like nothing happened. "You two would be really cute."

Jenna glanced at you before nodding her head. "We have about forty minutes before we leave. I think I'll go call her."

Jenna got out of her seat and left the room, leaving you to sit up and glare at Emma. She laughed at you but also scooted away from you.

"Seriously?"

"What? Did I upset you?" Emma frowned.

"You two would be really cute." You mimicked her.

"It's not like you were going to ask her or make a move."

"Doesn't mean you should encourage other possible relationships."

"I was just trying to make you jealous, and it worked. Now you either have to do something about it or see what happens between her and Delilah. She is a really sweet person. Can't wait to see her." Emma winked at you before running away before you could pinch her.

~

"Hi, I'm Jenna."

"Emma."

"Stella."