chapter 37

The drive back to your house was silent. Jenna was in your passenger seat, not speaking a word. She left while you were filming and came back when you were wrapping up.

You pulled into your driveway, yawning since it was getting very late. Jenna followed you inside, taking everything in for the first time.

"Welcome to my humble abode. I'll give the house tour tomorrow. Your room is right here." You tapped on the door that was across from yours.

"Thanks." Jenna was about to enter but you stood in front of it, blocking her way. "What are you doing?"

"What's up with you?"

"I'm tired."

You squinted your eyes. "You sure that's all?"

"Positive. Now can I go to sleep?" She showed her teeth acting like she was just smiling really badly.

You chuckled and pushed her face to the side before sliding away from the door. "Goodnight."

"Night ella. Don't dream of me."

"I hope I haunt your dreams." You flipped her off without looking at her. You shook your head with a smile before shutting your door.

~

Jenna walked into your kitchen yawning. She stretched her arms before dramatically falling over onto your table. She was bent over with her arms spread out. Her face pressed against the hard surface.

"Good morning to you too." You laughed flipping the pancakes you were cooking.

She hummed, not being able to form any words.

"Did you not sleep well?"

"Travelling is exhausting." Her words were mumbled from not moving her head off the table.

"But it's fun." You placed a plate in front of her.

Jenna slid into a chair, rubbing her eyes. "Can I come back to set when I get done with my meetings?"

"Yeah. I'll tell them you're coming so you don't have to pretend to be an extra."

"I wonder what lie I could come up with today if you didn't. I like a challenge."

"I would like to see you get escorted off the premises if they realised you were lying. I might not tell them I have a visitor."

Jenna looked up at the ceiling as she thought of new lies. "Could say I'm your sister."

"That's weird don't do that, plus I don't have a sister." You scrunched up your face thinking about Jenna being your sister when you may or may not have feelings for her.

"Could say I'm a new assistant director. Could say I'm your assistant."

"It's probably going to be the same person when you walk in. They're going to recognise you from yesterday."

"Yeah, you're right. How late do you have to stay today?"

"To unholy hours. I don't have to go in for a while, but that just means we're probably going to be there until sunrise."

"What are you filming?"

"We didn't finish the whole scene from yesterday. You would've known that if you didn't randomly disappear."

Jenna stabbed her pancake with her fork. "The same scene?"

"Not all of it, but yes."

"Going to kiss Timmy Thee again?"

You snickered, using your hand to block your mouth as you chewed. "Timothée, and no. That part is done. I think. You're cute when you're jealous."

"In no way am I jealous."