chapter 23

Everyone thank @trinavegaa i let them decide if i update again or not.

You woke up with a smile on your face. Thoughts from last night raced in your mind making you giddy. You kicked your feet in your bed and giggled.

You had to leave right after Aliyah had interrupted you and Jenna. Your uber had pulled up even though Jenna insisted you stay. The thoughts were there, but it was probably better if you had left.

Today, Jenna wanted to take you out. She wanted to show you around, even though you've been to California before. Then tonight, her family was going to meet for dinner.

You got ready in your one bedroom inn. You had music playing off your phone as you sang along. The entire time you had a smile plastered on your face. A buzz lowered your sound as Jenna had texted you saying she was outside.

"You take so long." Jenna complained even though she was smiling while leaning against her car.

"You know, I think I forgot something." You pointed behind you back at the inn.

"No."

You laughed knowing you were just messing with her. "So where to first?"

Jenna opened the car door for you to get it. "You're going to have to wait and see."

~

Jenna drove you around to many different spots showing you her favourite places and where she grew up. You two were walking in a park where she had a blanket draped over her arm. You found a quiet spot under a tree where she put the blanket down for both of you to sit on.

You had your back against the tree and she had laid her head on your lap. You put your hand in her hair and started playing with it. She closed her eyes with a soft smile as she enjoyed the feeling. You softly laughed watching her expressions.

You took your hand away but she grabbed your wrist to put it back. "Don't stop."

"What do I get in return?"

Jenna opened her eyes and leaned up to kiss you. You bent your head down not wanting to break the kiss as she laid her head back down. You both smiled looking at each other.

"I feel like I should fight for more, but that works." You resumed playing with her hair.

"I've decided that you need to stay for at least three weeks."

"Three weeks?"

"Who else is going to play with my hair?"

"Ha ha." You stuck your tongue out at her. "No other reason?"

"Nothing comes to mind." Jenna shrugged her shoulders.

You laughed and looked around the park. The scenery was beautiful. You put your head against the tree while Jenna was admiring you.

You looked down at her looking up at you. You smiled and laughed. "What?"

"You're beautiful."

You chuckled and put your head back against the tree. A small blush started to turn your cheeks pink. You and Jenna sat underneath that tree for almost an hour talking like you've known each other for years.  It was easy and never boring. The conversation just flowed.

Jenna sat up after looking at her watch realising the two of you were going to be late for dinner. Both of you had to leave even though neither of you wanted to. It was like the both of you were living in your own little world.

The whole car ride back, Jenna was blasting music. She was singing along trying to get you to join. You laughed every time she looked at you and pointed, waiting for you to say the next line. You finally gave in, cringing at how bad it probably sounded.

Jenna pulled into her driveway. She wanted to change her shirt after getting a stain on it earlier. You waited in the living room as she went into her room. The room was a little messy looking like a guy's dorm room. You couldn't help but throw the trash away and tidy up the room.

Jenna looked at you and laughed. "What are you doing?"

You looked at her with trash in your hands about to throw it in the trash can. You opened your hands letting the trash fall down. "Couldn't help myself. It was just sitting there, staring at me."

She laughed again and walked over to you. She kissed you once while grabbing both of your hands. You leaned back in to kiss her. Jenna let go of both of your hands and grabbed the sides of your face. She kissed you over and over making you smile each time.

You were a giggling mess trying to pull away from her. "We're already late." Your words were mumbled due to her pressing your cheeks in.

"What's a few more minutes then?"

She continued kissing you, not moving her hands off your face. You grabbed both side of her waist and finally pushed away. You grabbed her car keys and ran outside. Luckily, the house was only a five minute drive away.

Natalie opened the door looking disappointed at Jenna, but she smiled once she saw you. "No reason to be standing out here, come inside."

You walked ahead of Jenna as Aliyah came around the corner with her arms crossed. "Why are you late? We're starving."

"Traffic." You blurted. It was the first excuse you could think of that didn't involve the park or her not wanting to leave her apartment right away.

Jenna walked up behind you, placing a single hand on your back. Aliyah smirked. "Hello traffic."

Jenna looked at you confused but you shook your head. You followed behind Natalie and Aliyah as they took their seats at the table. Everyone started making their plates and talked about their day. Edward, Jenna's dad was here this time. Natalie was asking you about how your tour was, but you decided to leave out the part about the park. That was just for you and Jenna.

"So, Stella, how was last night after I went to bed?" Aliyah asked with a devilish look.

"She went back to Jenna's last night?" Markus asked his twin as he had a mouth full of food.

"Chew and swallow before speaking, Markus." Natalie shook her head with a smile.

"Yes ma'am."

"Yes, Stella did go back to Jenna's last night. They decided to make some tea." Aliyah held out the word tea a little longer than it needed to be.

"Jenna made tea. I got a uber and went back to the inn." You clarified to Markus.

"Tea is really good, isn't it? It's almost like you could... what's the word? Kiss it, if it were a person of course."

Jenna kicked Aliyah under the table. Everyone was looking at you wondering what in the world Aliyah was going on about. You stared at her while taking a sip of your drink.

"I didn't know you felt that passionately about tea, Aliyah. I'm more of a coffee person myself." Her teasing wasn't affecting you as you spread butter over your bread.

Aliyah smiled, thinking this was a game and was going to get you to cave in front of everyone. "Coffee is okay. Nothing compared to tea. Coffee is... I can't make out the word in my mind. Bitter."

"Maybe you should add a pinch of salt. Helps with the bitterness."

"How about we stop talking about coffee and tea." Jenna cut in.

Everyone nodded their heads around the table. Markus looked suspiciously between you and Aliyah. You eyed Aliyah as you took a bite of your bread knowing you weren't going to admit anything.

A/N

I took a dance break half way through this. My tiktoks were fabulous in my opinion.

Also yes, the chapters are way shorter because it was taking to long to write them and I can upload faster when I make them shorter.