❝𝐄𝐱𝐩𝐥𝐨𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐖𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐲'𝐬 𝐖𝐨𝐫𝐥𝐝❞

It was a warm, really warm, spring day, and the factory was slowly warming up... in a very wrong way. 

As I went to check the surveillance, I walked down a long hallway, one where Willy had taken me after he was certain that I had reached a special 'level of loyalty'. Now I knew that he showed me around every secret corner because he was a horny goblin, looking for fun times at the time, but would you know it, he was decent back then. 

The floor was sticky with dripped caramel and sugar, crunching satisfyingly underfoot. Colourful candy decorations adorned the walls, and playful gingerbread creatures peeked out from nooks and crannies. 

The air was thick with the smell of cocoa, and the distant sounds of laughter and magic could be heard from other rooms. It was a place where every step brought a new delight, and imagination could run wild...

Willy really had a sense for adventure, because, as soon as I saw the door to the surveillance, I had a feeling something would try to hold me off from reaching it. 

As I began my long walk along the corridor, I felt something nibble on my ankle. I jumped in fear, but soon noticed what it was... 

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!" 

I screamed and ran away further down the hallway, but the moment I looked back, I saw it wasn't just one, but many. 

I kept screaming whilst rushing and running down the hallway, almost crying and out of breath, finally I was able to reach the surveillance door and try to open it, but it didn't budge. I breathed heavily, getting more afraid. 

"WHAT IS THIS?!" I tried harder and only turned around to see that the creatures were getting closer and closer to me. "WILLY!!!" I screamed. 

Suddenly, the sound of the flame whooshing from the distant hall made loud squeaks and squeals fill the hallway. 

And just like that, as I opened my eyes, the surrounding chocolate was melted, but... so were the creatures, and since this hallway, in particular, was dark, I had a hard time figuring out what it was that was in the hallway with me. 

And as soon as I saw the flamethrower, I was at a loss for words, I suppose it really was just the way my soon-to-be husband was taking care of... pesky... "RODENTS?!" I screamed, again. 

Willy laughed, "Yes, indeed darling,'Rattus rattus', to be exact!" he said proudly, the wonky man I had got engaged to was back, "Well then..." I went quiet for a moment. "WHY IN THE LORD'S NAME ARE THERE BLACK RATS IN THE FACTORY?!" 

I screamed at him, his face scrunching up, he looked at me with an indifferent expression, "I must say, you're loud when you're upset, starshine." he said, putting his pinky into his ear, as if my voice had damaged his eardrums.

"Oh, stop exaggerating, I suggest you explain why the hell there is a whole unholy colony of rats in the factory!" 

He looked at me, dumbfounded. "Oh, my darling, you really are naive," Willy said with a smirk, "these 'black rats', as you so delicately put it, are a necessary evil in the chocolate-making process."

I raised an eyebrow, "Necessary evil? What in the world are you talking about?"

Willy chuckled, "Well, they help maintain the balance of the chocolate's flavour, they are the guardians of the secret ingredients, and they prevent anyone from stealing the recipes."

"That's ridiculous, Willy! We can't have vermin running rampant in the factory! What if they spread diseases or harm the workers?"

"Fear not, my love," Willy said, patting my arm, "these rats are specially bred and trained to carry out their duties without causing any harm. And as for diseases, they are immunized and kept in a sterile environment."