X ; Pressure Does Its Effect

Looking up at the immeasurable building in front of them, the two boys raise their eyebrows.

- Wow...

- Yeah...

- We can't even see the end because of the rain and the fog...

- Ohh...

Minho swallows his saliva with difficulty as he lowers his head a little, finding the entrance doors of the place that seems even more impressive and special due to the lack of people, or at least noises and movements.

He takes a deep breath and slowly steps forward, inviting Hyunjin to do the same.

The two walk through a breathtakingly beautiful hall, bypassing some inert bodies frozen in time.

Their footsteps echo through the rooms they pass through until they come face to face with five elevators, all side by side, in a room that could only be described as beautiful and almost mysterious.

Hyunjin steps forward first in front of the third elevator and he smiles somewhat amusedly.

- Apparently, these elevators are the fastest in the United States... Do you realize that?

- Oh damn... I'm going to throw up for sure.

- Stop it. Everything will be alright. And... Tell yourself that people pay to live the experience... For us, it's downright free.

Minho shrugs, somewhat skeptically. He had never really heard of it and didn't understand how an elevator could be so fast.

They still have 94 floors to climb.

- If you say so.

The boys end up entering it, each in turn.

The doors automatically close behind them and Hyunjin plunges his hands into his pockets.

A somewhat devilish smile on his lips, he says in a rather low and calm tone.

- If the elevator breaks down, we're finished.

Minho's eyes widen as he realizes the taller's words. He hits his shoulder quite roughly and raises his voice nervously.

- Damn, could you shut up?

Hyunjin, having complained slightly, starts giggling silently as that smile doesn't leave him.

On the contrary, it grows bigger when it testifies the reaction of the youngest to the rather flexible take-off, contrasting with the feeling of rapidity one feels when the elevator begins to rise.

- Woah-ho...

He stands on one of the walls, which lights up under his touch, displaying a panoramic image of New York City.

Minho jumps slightly, unsettled by what is happening.

The taller one's expression then changes to something softer.

A pre-recorded narration from one of the speakers in the metal box plays and the dark blond haired boy half-opens his mouth, listening with interest as he brings both hands to the wall, observing the images scroll.

«The One world trade center; tallest skyscraper in the western hemisphere, main building of the new world trade center complex in downtown Manhattan, consisting of 104 floors and completed on May 10th, 2013, a real must-see during your visit to New York...[...]»

One of the ears of the smallest clogs. The pressure does its effect and he is forced to swallow a little bit of his saliva to counter this phenomenon.

Once the destination is reached, the elevator stops and Hyunjin looks at his friend.

- Looks like someone enjoyed their trip.

Seeing himself obliged to answer positively, the oldest gives a glimpse of an amused smile before rolling his eyes.

It's only once the doors open that he decomposes in place.

Hyunjin exits the elevator and takes a few steps forward, smiling even more at the sight this place offers them.

However, not having sensed the smaller one following him and being by his side, he turns towards the elevator in which a frozen Minho is, tilting his head slightly to the side when he addresses him.

- Min'? You coming?

...