XXVII ; You Are My Priority

– Hey... Min', calm down-

– Hyunjin! Y-You're alive!!

Minho hugs Hyunjin tighter trying to calm his crying and breathing which had escalated in a split second.

The taller one, on the other hand, heaves a light painful sigh as he brings a hand to Minho's hair to caress it gently.

– Although time has stopped, I think it's possible to die, but don't worry, I'm not gonna to leave you anytime soon, so stop crying for me, mh?

The brunette gently nods his head and ends up calming his sobs as well as his breathing.

Hyunjin brings his two hands to his face to raise it towards his slowly and he shares a smile that wants to be reassuring and soothing, despite the blood flowing on his lips.

His eyes then lose themselves in those of the smaller one and they remain silent like this for a short moment.

What had happened to cause Hyunjin to lose control of his body to the point where fatigue got the better of him?

How could he have put his friend's life in danger like this?

– I really thought I was going to lose you, Hyunjin... Don't ever do that to me again...

«My loss wouldn't have been as big as yours. Fortunately, your face is intact...»

– Promised little cat. You haven't broken anything, right...?

Worried, the swarthy begins to carry out a check of the face of the smallest, wanting to make sure that he is not the owner of any wound.

– No.

A sigh of relief escapes the taller's damaged lips.

– But you, on the other hand...

– Don't worry about me... You are my priority, Minho. If anything happened to you because of me, I'd never forgive myself.

A sad smile appears on the little one's lips as his gaze intensifies. It also paints itself with a touch of something indescribable.

– Can you hear yourself talking...? Your life matters too, Hyunjin.

– I probably only bit my lip on impact. Don't worry about it okay?

– Hyun'...

– I assure you, I'm fine.

Minho frowns but Hyunjin's caresses on his face end up calming him down a little and making him understand that he is really well and that he is not seriously injured.

– Mmh... But then I'll be the one driving us to New York, okay?

Because of what just happened, Hyunjin seems to be hesitating strongly. If minho had also closed his eyes before he did, he must be tired too.

Still hesitating, Hyunjin bites his lip reflexively, but the action quickly earns him an audible moan and sharp pain since he sinked his teeth so deep into the flesh of his lower lip.

Minho frowns visibly worried more, seeing that Hyunjin is hurting himself unintentionally.

He sits up a little and brings a hand to the face of the taller one, who had withdrawn his from the face of the smaller one.

– Hyunjin... At least let me help you on this one.

Minho picks up the only bottle of water they brought from the hotel for the trip and he opens it to pour some water on the end of the sleeve of his sweater.

– I'm just going to clean up the damage...

He puts a kiss on his sleeve and then brings it to the lips of the tallest, who looks at the brunette in a gentle and grateful way.

Despite the pain that the tapping of the wet sleeve on his lip brings to his person, he can't help thinking that Minho is a true angel or a source of pure generosity.

His eyes are lost for the umpteenth time in those of the oldest.

«Can someone like you really exist...?»

*****

❦︎

I'm getting used to double updates since the french version is done. 😎