XVIII ; A Promising Scenery

– The view is absolutely stunning here...

Hyunjin can't help but keep that smile that has been imprinted on his face since the moment Minho got on the carousel.

He would like this moment of peace and serenity to never end.

– I know right...

He dives his hands into his pockets as he watches Minho approach the lake.

Umbrella in his left hand, Minho stops right in front of it and scans the landscape with his gaze before crouching down slowly. He puts his hand just above the water on which the frozen droplets form circles around them.

– It's really too strange to see what the stopping of time has as an effect on water.

His eyes, in which the lights of the city reflect, begin to follow his own index as he plunges into the water.

When his skin comes into contact with the liquid, circles form around his finger but nothing else moves.

He blinks several times before starting to move his finger from right to left, very slowly.

– I suppose that if we are witnessing this phenomenon, there is a reason...

At the taller's words, the brunette remains silent for a moment.

He finally pulls his finger out of the water and he gets up, turning his head towards Hyunjin, who had been looking at him with that sweet little smile still on his lips.

– Do you want to see something nice?

Minho cocks his head slightly to the side, visibly curious.

– Show me.

Hyunjin motions for the smaller one to come back to him and he leads him to the small bridge that Minho hadn't noticed due to all there is to look at here.

– Welcome to the Gapstow Bridge. May I tell you why people are so interested about this place?

Minho lets out a breathy laugh before shaking his head.

– You know I'm bad at English.

– You're not bad. It can be learnt. And... you're lucky. I can do a free translation for you.

The taller one raises an eyebrow, his soft smile changing to a smirk. The situation amuses him.

– Let me hear it please, prince Hwang.

Touched by his words, he struggles to keep this smirk for a long time and changes for the one that turns out to be soft and tender. He then advances with the youngest to the bridge, giving him the translation.

– Welcome to the Gapstow Bridge. Can I tell you the reason why people are so interested in this place?

– Mmm, of course! I'm all ears.

Once both of them are on the bridge with the view behind them of the magnificent city of New York and its lit buildings, Hyunjin slowly steps back and puts one knee on the ground, raising his head towards the smaller one.

In incomprehension, the oldest looks at him, blinking again. He freezes.

The older one then brings his two hands in front of him, mimicking the opening of a small invisible box in which there would be...

– Will you marry me?

Stunned, the smallest does not dare say a word. He just stares at the taller one in shock and bewilderment. His cheeks and ears quickly flare up and silence fills the moment, until the taller breaks it.

– A yes would've been better to hear.

He starts laughing before getting up and giving a more amused expression to the little one.

Even though Minho's level of English wasn't that high, he still had no trouble understanding it this time around.

– You're stupid.

– Hey, don't be so mean.

He laughs harder before pointing to the bridge they're on, then the magical view around them.

– Several people get married here, which is not surprising with such a view.

He then advances towards one of the parapets of the bridge and he puts his forearms on it, letting his gaze wander towards the large structures and nature.

– I see...

Minho also steps forward and places a hand near where Hyunjin has settled. His gaze too is lost in the landscape.

– So I can say that this is where my prince asked for my hand.