New Friends & New Skills

(Rimuru Perspective)

Once we arrived to the village, I told everyone to enjoy themselves for now while we have a little festival going and that we will talk later. Earlier I have already tested if I could taste food, so thats crossed of my checklist. To be honest I am more interested to see what will happen if I name them.

So I guess I'll let them enjoy themselves first.

(Rimuru Perspective End)

(3rd Person Perspective)

A few hours later, the village's festival is still going on. It was a celebration for the goblins and direwolves being named. At least that's what Rimuru said.

In the distance, away from the main party. We see a group sitting down and talking. That group consists of Rigurd, Rigur, Kaijin, the old ogre, the leader ogre and the dark blue ogre. Along with the wolf beastman and the fox.

"You mean the orcs attacked the ogres!" Kaijin shouted in surprise.

"Is that surprising?" Said Gobta, as he heard the commotion and decided to drop by.

"Not only is it surprising, its also unnatural. You see orcs are typically weaker than ogres." Kaijin answered Gobta's question.

"Anything else that was unnatural?" Rigurd had asked the ogres or beastman.

"You there how did they attack your village." Rigur had asked the beastman upfront. The beastman began to sweat, as he did not want to remember a single detail about his home's destruction.

"You don't have to say anything if you don't want to." Rigur noticed his behavior and began to basically retract his question.

"No! I'll tell you." The beastman swallowed his fears and began to speak.

"My story is similar to how the ogres got attack. But with one crucial difference. The number of orcs that did us in was far too few."

This info caused the surrounding crowd to become shocked among belief. The beastman race were on-par with if not greatly above the ogres in power. So for the village to be destroyed by fewer than what killed the ogres, was just absurd.

"Compared to your village that got overrun with them. It only took 8 of them to annihilate us." What the beastman said once again caught everyone off guard. 'How could less than 10 orcs decimate a village of beastmen?' Was the thought in everyone's heads.

"I think we should wait for Rimuru-sama to further discuss this crisis." Rigurd said. Everyone then nodded in agreement with Rigurd.

With Rimuru:

At the time when Rigurd and the others are discussing the orcs, Rimuru is out using his skills some more. Killing any non-sentient monsters in his path.

"Well, I have tested out all of my eyes. Each one has a definitive use. I wonder what else I can get."

Suddenly, further into the forest, Rimuru heard some voices. There were multiple, probably about 2 or 3 could be heard.

"Hoh, I wonder what this is. I'll check it out." And just like that Rimuru proceeded to approach the unknown voices. Hiding in the bushes, while approaching ever so slightly. After some seconds, Rimuru finall reached the location of the voices. What he saw couldn't have surprised him more. Standing there talking were 3 orcs.

'What are orcs doing here? Are they the ones that destroyed that beastmans village?" Rimuru thought.

"Where are the third and fifth generals?" One of the orcs asked the other 2.