Chapter 8.

Warning: Violence and Sexual Abuse.

Yeji always felt as if the weight of the world was on her shoulders. Well, not much the world, but rather her parents. She grew up in a family where money, figuratively, grew on trees. Her great grandparents became successful in the real estate world. With the use of their autocratic leadership, the Hwang family name became notorious.

As the family business was passed down to Yeji's father, he also adopted the leadership style. Decisions were made by him, and only him which turned the business into an empire that greatly benefitted the family's way of living. Her father's autocratic leadership wasn't just used at work, but also inside the four closed walls of their home.

With an abundance of wealth, many would assume that Yeji won in life. That wasn't the case, when other children were playing with legos and toy cars, her head was in books learning topics that surpassed an average child's level. From a young age, her parent's invested in their two children. Yeji was a reckless and carefree child, as for her brother, he was calm and compliant.

There was no doubt that he was the favourite out of the two. He was a handsome, hard-working, easy going and charismatic-- everything a parent wanted in a child. Yeji tried to receive the same praise and love he got but was instead rewarded with neglect. This led her to become the black sheep of the family-- partying, drinking and not having a care in the world about her image.

After she graduated from high school, she arrived home to a sight no person should ever witness; let alone a younger sister. Yeji watched as her brother was zipped into a body bag and leaving on a gurney. She knew at that moment that she was now alone in facing her parents' wrath.

As the months passed, her parent's marriage was holding onto a thread. Yeji wanted to save it. She knew that her brother was passionate for architecture, so she decided to enrol herself into a course in university, she studied hard to achieve the highest marks that satisfied her parents.

Graduating university was perhaps the best moment of her life, she never expected to commit to such a long and gruelling course therefore walking out of the ceremony with a diploma in hand gave her the biggest sense of pride she had ever felt. Yeji couldn't wipe the smile off her face.

That was until she came home to a letter from her mother, notifying her of her parent's divorce. She crumpled the paper in her hand knowing that all her hard efforts had gone to waste. The sole reason for her enrolling into university and studying her ass off was to become a replacement for their golden child.

Nevertheless, her father gifted Yeji with a company. She took it willingly, but she knew that it was never meant for her. All Yeji ever wanted was to continue what her brother couldn't and to make her father proud.

‧͙⁺˚*·༓☾

"Fuck, this dress is tight.", the CEO sighed as she felt her ribs trapped inside the corset. She looked at herself in the mirror, she was wearing a simple but elegant white dress with the neckline showing a small part of her cleavage. White floral lace covered her arms making it itchy against her healing scratches.

Yeji picked up her phone to see a message from her driver notifying her that he was outside her apartment. After placing her phone in her bag, she took her keys and locked the door behind her. As she arrived at the black luxury car, her driver opened the back door for her.

The CEO had been invited to many formal events in her short time being in the industry; balls, award shows and grand openings. However, she always felt uneasy attending these events. She hated the artificial interactions she had with other businesspeople boasting about their wealth and the development of their business. Therefore, Yeji always opted to head straight to the bar and drank the night away.