Chapter 35.

She swirled the foam of the warm coffee while observing Chaeryeong and Yuna eating their breakfast sandwich in the cafe she frequently visited. Ryujin smiled to herself. Having her best friend and sister back in her life lifted the large majority of her burdens off of her.

The former hitman looked around the cafe, customers were pouring in to retrieve their much needed caffeine, steam from the coffee machines rose into the air as the baristas handed out coffee and pastries.

Ryujin took notice of a woman who was picking up her take out coffee from the barista. She noticed the bandage on her hand. It can't be. Her eyes immediately darted at the back of her neck. That snake tattoo.

Chaeryeong looked up from her sandwich to see Ryujin's body tense up with her jaw clenched, staring at someone on the other side of the room.

"What are you looking at?", the red head asked as she was about to turn over to see what Ryujin was looking at.

"Don't move. Just eat your sandwich.", she said sternly, still eyeing the woman.

Chaeryeong didn't ask any further questions and resumed consuming her food.

She concentrated on the woman's every move, placing her hand on the hidden knife on her belt, preparing herself for any sudden actions. Thankfully, the bandaged woman took her cup and left the cafe.

Ryujin dropped her body back into the seat and let out a loud exhale.

"What happened, Ryu?", Yuna asked as she leaned closer to her.

"Karina. She was here."
-

-

-
Ryujin adjusted the knife on her belt and made sure that it was concealed under her trench coat. Yuna and Chaeryeong took her to the shopping district to find any potential gifts for the CEO since her birthday was coming up.

"How about this one?", Yuna picked up a pair of dangling earrings and showed it to the older sister.

"Does Yeji have ear piercings?", Chaeryeong asked genuinely.

"She does. But I don't think she would want earrings.", Ryujin replied, continuing to search for a perfect gift.

"Should we look in another store?", Chaeryeong sighed, frustrated because they have been shopping for the past 3 hours.

Ryujin continued to walk around the store, searching through all the earrings, necklaces and bracelets. None of the jewellery sparked any interest for her. That was until she stumbled upon the rings. She fidgeted with the ring Yeji gave to her on her necklace, remembering how she loved wearing rings.

A worker walked up to Ryujin, "Do you need any help choosing a ring?"

Ryujin looked over and smiled, "I'm not sure which one to get."

"Is this for yourself or for someone?"

"For a woman I love."

The worker smiled brightly, "Can you tell me a little about her?"

The grey haired woman looked at the rings, thinking about Yeji, "She is someone that sticks by me no matter my flaws. She is my rock that keeps me grounded, the brightest star in the sky when I'm lost in the darkness guiding me back home."

The worker hummed softly, "Wow. Sounds like she really loves you. Make sure you keep her and never let her go."

She scanned the shelves and immediately found a ring, "I think this one perfectly encapsulates the love she has for you."